Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Re: Who Am I?

Hi,

I am Poonam, born and brought up in Jamshedpur (Jharkhand). I am 40 years old. God married to Sudhir in Feb 1992 who is self-employed. I have two loving daughters, elder daughter is 12 yrs. old and the younger daughter is 9 yrs old. I am working since last 21 years. At present working as an Executive Administrative. I love cooking, shopping, making new friends and I believe in God.

I hope to get good & true friends on this website.

God gave me nothing I wanted.
    He gave me everything I needed.

With lots of love

Poonam:wave

2. AmrithaV

AmrithaV New IL'ite

Hi friends
    I am Amritha. I live in Australia with my husband and two kids. I enjoy music, art and poetry. I feel we become more atuned to our culture once we leave our soil! I am always craving to hear some discourse or music or anything religious! I wonder if all of you feel the same.... :)
    Regards
    AmrithaV

1 person likes this.
  3. padmarajani

padmarajani New IL'ite

Hi

I am Padmavathy Rajesh. I live in India. My husband is a software consultant. I am staying currently with him in Cyprus. Today when i was browsing, i came to know about this site and registered immediately.

My big hi to everybody.

Regards
    Padmavathy R

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

:wave Hi ILites

I am Mala and people call me mals. I am thorough Mumbaikar.

I live alone and in my own flat here in Navi Mumbai.

I am a Science Graduate with strings of Diplomas - HR, Journalism, Beautician, Executive Secretary, Astrology, Vaastu. There was a phase in my life during which I earned those Diplomas.

I am associated with a leading MNC and hold a senior post (HR). I also run my own firm which is doing well.

I am rather like counselor for all and sundry right from my school days. People come to me with their problems and I am solving them like an "Agony Aunt". I have men, women, children who disclose their deepest secrets and problems with me. Even when my parents were around they would not go to them. Well, till date I have not broken anybody's trust and have always helped them.

I am the Chairperson of my Society and Wack the members who do not follow the Society guidelines. Well being a leader you have to face the bricks. That makes me more stronger.

I always believed in myself and my vision for my future.

For all gals out there, I have only one advice, follow your gut feelings and you will be successful. Do not buckle. Have the courage to tread the paths which no one has ever treaded. Do not waste your life. It is very precious. Enjoy, have fun, go out, meet people, do not judge each and every one you meet, it will make life boring, since you dont have to live with them. Learn to give benefit of doubt. March ahead. You have it in you. Thats the reason my threads in Indus Lady site is always bold and bizzare. I am definitely ambitious ( but no compromises), bold, courageous, fun loving (extremely), have a very good sense of humour, most sort after person during crisis as well as during parties (great mix na), romantic (rainy days, flowers, soft music, shady lights, beaches, togetherness), goal oriented ( fixed vision, come what may), play to win (hard core)
    My hobbies include reading, writing, travelling, gardening, cooking, painting, listening to music, movies like thrillers, suspense, comedy, Favourite channels on TV are Discovery, Animal Planet, National Geography, MTV, NDTV (news channel). I watch POGO for Mr Bean and Hungama for Takeshis Castle. ( no teleserials please, no melodramtic movies), decorating, learning ( like to learn new things), cleaning (always - a freak rather). I love good food, good clothes, good living. My favourite dishes are always spicy, can't live without pickles and chutneys. My favourite colour is Orange. My favourite actors are George clooney, Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Brad Pitt, John Travolta, Kevin Costner, Robert Williams, Sharon Stone, Nicole Kidman, Shammi Kapoor, Big B (Amitabh), Shahrukh Khan, Rajpal Yadav, Irfan Khan, Vinay Pathak, Johnny Lever, Amrish Puri, Pran, Rajnikanth, Ashok Saraf, Sachin, Laxmikanth Berde, Rekha, Waheeda Rehman, Madhuri Dixit, Juhi Chawla, Karisma Kapoor. I am ardent animal lover. I am religious and I believe in God. I draw my strenght from him.

I can break in to a disco and also singh hymns and mantras. My day always starts with an one hour puja. I may skip my breakfast but not my prayers. Thanking God for all that he has given me and fighting with him for all that he is not giving me. My relationship with him is cordial. No fear.

I am single and its my preference. I am not against marriage. But, I have yet to meet that man. In most cases it is being there done that. So men have nothing to boast about when I am around. I am very quick at fixing things, taking decisions, sorting out matters and above all I respect people who respect others feelings. I do not like any person on this earth who wants to change the other person according to his or her convenience. One should respect the other persons view and let them do what they want to do. In case they err I am there for you. That should be the attitude. 90% of the people lead life with suffocation. Few speak others surrender saying thats what life is all about.

To know more about me get me on Indus Lady.
    Woof Woof...... Mals saying bye till we meet again.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  5. neha2081

neha2081 New IL'ite

Re: A New Comer to IndusLadies ? - Tips for you.

Hi ,

all members... i am Neha i am new to the country...

Looking forward to maintain a friendly and cordial relations to you all in near future...:wave

6. Sruthu

Sruthu New IL'ite

Re: Who Am I - My Unknown Side - Unleashed..

thats a very nice write up about u Preethi.Have just joined this forum and came upon ur write up and really appreciate the way u have put it together.

Cheers,
    Sruthi

7. Sruthu

Sruthu New IL'ite

Hi everybody,
    Im Sruthi,aged 29 and living in Melbourne,AUS at the moment.

Basically a Palakkad Iyer,but was born and raised in the nawab city of Hyderabad,studied my dentistry from Mysore and after getting married was at Bangalore.As a result know all the south indian languages except malayalam which I can understand pretty well,courtesy my husband who is from Trivandrum.

Love browsing the net,reading anything I get my hands on,gardening,watching movies,am a trained classical dancer(Kuchipudi) and am trying to get innovative with cooking.I love trying out new recipes.

Am in the last phase of getting myself registered as a dentist in Aussie land.

Would love to restart my classical dance,which I quit about 13 years back,but havent found a Guru here in Melbourne for Kuchipudi.

Excited to make new friends here....

Cheers,

8. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meera,

Welcome to IL. You sure have a variety of interests. Here are a few places for you to browse around in your first few days.

1. We have a Mumbai subforum here : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/mumbai/

2. Since you are a working women, try the working women forum here : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/working-women/

3. I am sure you are already familiar with the religion and spirituality sub-forum here : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/religion-and-spirituality/

Also, please update your full profile here so others can get to know you more : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Look forward to seeing you around! I am sure you will like it here.

1 person likes this.
  9. Induslady

Hi Poonam,

Welcome to IndusLadies and thank you for the brief information about you and your family. It is easy for members to know about you instantaneously if you update your profile with this information. You can update your full profile by going here : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

One of the greatest uniqueness of this site is that you will find genuine and authentic friends here. Our members don't consider each other as faceless members of an ever-shifting crowd, but as real people with who they can form meaningful friends. You will find good and true friends. But inorder for like minded people to approach you to start the seeds of friendship, participation is key. So, go ahead, participate in as many discussions as possible and start a few discussions of your own!

10. Induslady

Hi Amritha,

Welcome to Indusladies community. We are seeing a lot of ladies from Australia joining our community. We have a Sydney sub-forum that can be a lot more active. Hope you can participate there and spark a lot of discussions and conversations. Link to Sydney sub-forum here : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-sydney/

You should also check out our Indian Art section (Link here:http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-art/) as there are some interesting discussions going on there. If you find that there is no thread for your specific area of interest, go ahead and start a thread. A lot of silent members will jump on it.

I also definitely feel the sense of affection towards my roots to be stronger when I am away from home. Once again, welcome to Indusladies and look forward to some strong participation from you!

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.