1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 1

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 27, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    There is no question of forgiving. You may walk into my thread any time you feel like it. My only request is that if the thread is not current give me at least four days to respond.
    When my Guru told the story my mind was also blank. But this blankness is not "sunyatha' Viji. Its 'sarvatha'. Which means all-encompassing. Which only love can do.

I am very happy and proud that OMG is going in the right direction. I am proud of all the mothers in this community who have started telling the stories to their children. You are doing a great job, Viji. And on my part I pledge myself to bring nothing but the best.

You are right. Compared to this wealth the whole world is but a counterfeit note.

Come into OMG 2 whenever you feel like it.
    Thanks for joining us, Viji.
    love,
    sridhar

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar Sir

First of all a big thanks to you for guiding me to this story.....because latelyi am so upsetwith the way people are running ....running for what i dont understand....we all should have goals and ambitions....but we shouldnt become obsessed about them so badly that wecant even deviate or adjust to the circumstances that come our way....either we try to break down...run away...do blame game...but we forget that life cant be picture perfect....gone are those days where we used to atleast have some kind of moral responsibility towards society ...sorry this is just my opinion....some how i stopped watching news lately both indian and US news only reason being am scared to hear moreof the negativity in this world....as i want to have hope...hope of good being around...being there....i want to beleive that and spread the same beleif too...dotn know whether its the right or the wrong way to do it....

Andal is such an example that every woman should look up to....the way she expressed her views on god and her husband.."You always say that you are lucky to have a Lord like Sriman Narayana. But I tell you He is equally lucky, if not luckier, to have somebody like you as His devotee.”

You will have to tell them first that greed and ambition are not not mere psychological traits but psychiatric diseases. And that those deadly diseases are inflicted from inside. There is no known cure for them and the inevitable consequences are disaster and destruction.

And that if you make money your master then you will also be the slave to the Devil.

And one can not lead a happy life unless one gives happiness to others.

above lines are worth highlighting ....for me and also for those whom I am going to give this story...many of these things we hear daily from our elders, friends // stories..all we do is hear them and leave. when it comes to practise i dont understand why do we take a stepback andkeep complaining that we do a lot to others and that others have never returned back.....might be time to do a self check

3. varalotti

Srividya,
    I can understand your heart. I know what kind of pain you are going through seeing people around you obsessed with money, fame and other short term goals. People who do not hesitate to stab us in the back, shift the blame, make us suffer for their wrongs and take credit for what we have done. That's the world.

One of the saints gives a practical advice in this area. He says that if you are suffering, if someone has betrayed you, someone has cheated you, has swindled you or stabbed you, you should always consider that as an affect of your past sins. But you should not apply the logic when you see others suffering. There you should view as an opportunity created by God to manifest your love. You should cheerfully embrace the opportunity of serving them in their hour of need.

But at the same time no service is to be done to others harming ourselves. We can donate blood for others. It's a noble deed. But we cannot give our eyes to them while we are alive.

I know there is lot of negativity in the world. Oh My God is a small step taken by a lonely mofussil accountant to create a very small island of love and positive thinking. That's the only antidote to negativity.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed reading the series and are relishing my quotes.
    thanks once again for the fb.
    love,
    sridhar

4. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

read the first of the series today , after you directed me to read this. Great example of saranagathi thathvam. I am currently reading Deivathin kural by mahaperiava and the chapter which I am reading is also about the different types of saranagathi. I had not known about this story and felt very happy reading this today. As for your epilogue, I have read about all those incidents except the manicure one. But the one which disturbed my mind most was the rape of the daughters by father. For that matter, when ever I read any news of rape of young girls , I really pray to God, why such things are happening in the world for such delicate young buds? Your reasoning given in the class on evil and suffering giving mosquito examples, or karma theory which Chitra mam has given in vedanta thread, may all to explain the causes ......but still I am pained.

On your premium, I have already started paying that even before your asking for it ! As you know I read your episode 17 (about sabari ) first and asked my daughter to read it and I already communicated to you through my fb.

Great work sir. Will read other episodes one by one and post my fb.

Radhi

5. varalotti

Dear Radhi,
    thanks for your time spent on reading this thread. This is a very potent story and one of the most powerful examples in saranagathi thathvam. This story is not just to be read but to be chewed and contemplated pretty often.
    Yes the rape of young girls, especially by the ones who are duty-bound to protect them gives me enormous pain. But I always convince myself that not all the happenings in the world can be measured by reason.
    I am happy to know that you are reading Deivathin kural. I read about five volumes of it.

Looking forward to your fb on other episodes.
    love,
    sridhar

6. SRISHAKTHI

SRISHAKTHI New IL'ite

Dear Sir,

I am reading about Koorathazhlwar for the first time.

GOD bless you & HE has blessed me to read this today.
    Govinda............
    Pallandu Pallandu Palayirathu Andu Palakodi Noorayiram
    Mallanda Thin Thol Manivanna Nin Sevadi Chevi Thirukappu.

Tears rolled my eyes realizing the extent of faith our Azhwar has in our God.

Thousands of thanks for writing this.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  7. varalotti

Dear Srisakthi,

Welcome to IL and welcome to my forum. I am happy to learn that my writing has made you happy and made you shed tears of love.

I posted some 17 episodes of Oh My God, telling every week a different story of God's love.

I am now writing blogs, that too on God's love. When you have time read them and let me know what do you think about them.

Have a great time here in IL, Srisakthi.
    love,
    sridhar

8. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sridhar,
    Thanks once again for narrating such lovely bhakti and devotional stories, definitely it will inspire the kids.
    I loved your request for women to instill the right values in children, this is tremendous. This is what is needed. Somehow we make children compete and outbeat each other instead allowing them to grow as they need to be.We women have this capacity and am glad you saw it.
    Somehow Arvind and Yamini to me is Mr &Mrs Sridhar
    Thanks once again for all the inspiration.
    Jaya

9. varalotti

Jaya,
    thanks a lot for the fb to the thread which is several months old. We have gone too far away in the path of competition that it is high time we need to teach about co-operation and love.
    I know many mothers who are particular that their kids should score better marks than their friends' children. Right from day one the kids are taught that it is okay to do anything to stand above the rest, even if the means are not totally fair.
    Our kids are not intoxicated with ambition. It's high time we send them along with their parents to rehab camps.
    thanks once again, jaya.
    A bonus good news for you. I am going to share a good news with you all tomorrow morning. Watch out in my thread.
    love,
    sridhar