Braxton Hicks Contractions!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Vnbaby, Aug 5, 2008.

1. shalusaini

shalusaini New IL'ite

Re: Contraction

hi
    i m pregnant for second time. so i can tell u that when u will hav contractions u will feel pain in ur back , stomach and in ur upper legs. the pain will be severe once it will come in every 20 minutes. after that it become unbearable ( i do not want to scare :) ). but this is true.
    but my sis in law strted bleeding before her pain was started in full swing. so do inform ur doc about any bleeding or watery discharge during ur pregnancy.
    i hope u now u can feel when ur contractions will start. once u will hv contractions it will be periodic , they will come and goby it self.

shalu

2. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

You will start getting pain which will be bearable at first and slowly increases or for some people it may start at peak.

In my case I was past due and didn't get any pain for few days ,but Started a slight bleeding on the morning and then the pain came up,after which we rushed to the hospital.The nurse asked us not to worry,since the cervix is getting dilated some people start to bleed and then the contractions got really worse.

So you will know when you will be contracting by the type of pain you have.

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

I agree with what Latha said. For me, I woke up at 3 am with back pain (as if I have to go No.2) and also saw light bleeding. By 10 am by contractions were strong, mostly in the back - I had back labor. Anyhow, you'll feel contractions as if your whole belly is getting tight and then releasing. Braxton Hicks is the same way, you'll feel your belly muscles (and uterus) really tighten. I was told to drink up on water whenever I had the Hicks. It helps with the muscle contractions.

Here's some info on 'Braxton Hicks vs. True Labor'.

Raj

4. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear ladies

Thanks a lot for ur replies.. It really helped me in knowing better abt contraction..Thanks once again.

Regards
    Brindha

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Brindhaa,

I forgot to mention that with both pregnancies, I never ever felt contractions early on. For my son i first spotted the mucous plug and then bearable cramps. Only after the doctor 'assisted' the cervix to open a bit more did it hit me. For the second one, i was past due-date and had to be induced. That's why my gyn asked me to always be aware of tightening uterus. Contraction, when it hit hard, for me was a pushing sensation... an urge to push out the baby.

Latha

6. winck

winck New IL'ite

Hi All,

I'm in my 32nd week of pregnancy... I have been experiancing this strange kind of tightening of the abdomen for a few seconds and then it eases on its own...coupled with back ache.. My doc said it was a contraction and so has advised me to take complete rest..I have observed that it's typically when I'm on my feet for a long time......

I also read that these kinda contractions are common after 30 weeks...and r called Braxton Hicks contractions...does anyone know abt this or has experianced such contractions?

Pls let me know if you know anything abt this...I'm very worried...

Ashwini...

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello Winck,
    Congrats on your pregnancy first of all.
    No need worry and Braxton hicks are quite common across all pregnants. They are early signs of gettign into labour. So you can understand how are the labour pains. More or less you find similarity.
    So just wait for somemore time to hold the new born. If you experience this kind of hicks, means your baby is trying to come out from womb:rotfl, ask him or her to stay back for some more time and enjoy the pregnant bed. But if you find very difficult to manage with those pains consult the gynic. Avoid late standings on feet, try to have complete rest, co's once your kid arrives you wont have rest at all............atleast for initial 6 months due to irregularity and inconsistency in his sleeping patterns and times.

All the best be faithful to god and think positiviely and behappy, you will be blessed with a healthy child.

8. winck

winck New IL'ite

Hey,

Thanks a lot...it surely eased my anxiety....

9. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Braxton Hicks!

Hi,
    Whole of last night i had some tightening sensation in my tummy and a lot of back ache.However, it did wear away by early morning.I visited my practitioner and she explained to me about braxton hicks.Have any one of you experienced the same?I am currently 27 weeks and am worried.

Deepa.

10. indigrl

indigrl New IL'ite

Re: Braxton Hicks!

Don't worry. Braxton Hicks are contraction pains that may start anytime after 2nd trimester. Your body is practicing for labor and you may feel more of them during the night when you are relaxed.