Himachal Tourism

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by sweetsanjam, Aug 3, 2009.

1. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

A very informative thread. I am following this regularly.
    Thanks
    Mallika

2. sweetsanjam

sweetsanjam Senior IL'ite

Chitkul has other attractions too. It is famous for its Kagyupa temple which has an image of the Shakyamuni Buddha. It is also the last point of the famed Kinner-Kailash Parikrama. Pilgrims visit the 500 year old <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">temple</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Goddess Mathi</st1:placeName></st1:place>. Other nearby attractions include the Kamru Fort and farm lands where you can see saffron being actually cultivated.
    The nearest airport for Chitkul is Shimla. From Shimla, you can take taxis to Chitkul. Those who prefer to travel by train can travel up to Shimla after changing trains at Kalka. Chitkul is also well connected by bus from both Shimla and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rampur</st1:place></st1:City>.
    :thumbsup

3. keerat45

keerat45 Senior IL'ite

It is the most Charming spot in the Himachals, you know this name is derived from its ancient, golden-domed temple of Khajinag.

You know how I came there?

I was visiting the Chamba valley and was came to know that this place is really worth seeing....

Those who have not visited the best time to visit Khajjiar is between March and June...

4. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I came upon this thread by chance. I must add that the entire <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Baspa</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Valley</st1:placeType></st1:place> it a great option for the tourists. The beautiful valley starts from 6,004 feet at the point where the Baspa river meets the Sutlej and goes up to 11,400 feet where the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">village</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Chitkul</st1:placeName></st1:place> is situated.
    The best time to visit the valley is from March to October. My uncle, who has a dear friend living in the valley, visit his friend every summer and goes fishing for trout with him in the many streams which dots the picturesque valley. The <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Chung</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Shakhago</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Pass</st1:placeType></st1:place> which is on top of the Baspa valley is a great favorite with trekking teams.
    :thumbsup

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. menila01

menila01 Senior IL'ite

[​IMG] A truly spectacular spot, Khajjiar provides opportunities to unravel the mystery of the Himalayas and plays host to the picnickers.

This is just a glimpse of the beauty... really a good place..

6. Candleart

Candleart Senior IL'ite

Hi ,
    I have extremely good memories of Simla ,Manali and the beautiful state of H P . Can we get cottages to stay in for 10 -15 days equipped with a kitchen ?

7. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    HP tourism has some cottages at select places like Naldera,kufri,khajjir etc which have small kitchen.u can get better infomation at tourist office at shimla(mall)
    i think u need to book the a month in advance
    pragati