jan 2010 mommies :))

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by aparnag, May 4, 2009.

1. padmausha

padmausha New IL'ite

Shyl,

Sorry! I could not reply to you earlier. You had asked about the doctor that I am visiting. I am going to Dr Sucharitha Vigneshwar in St Mary's hospital. One of my colleague's wife gave birth to a baby under her care this year. So I have also chosen this doctor.

I am sure you might have found a doctor too! Do let me know which doctor you are visiting.

2. shyl

shyl Senior IL'ite

Padma, Thankyou so much for the info. I have not found my doctor yet as I was still looking around and going through the reviews, work history, yrs of experience and finding someone who can provide some referrals. I will be moving to Richmond the first week of Sep so will find one then, may be Dr. Sucharitha Vigneshwar.

Thanks again and good luck with your pregnancy.
    Shyl

3. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anjali,

My scan is also on Sept 10th my due date is end of January.

I did not receive any pamphlet from my doctor which exercise are you taking about. Right now I am only walking.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. padma09

padma09 New IL'ite

Hi Shyl,

Here is some information that I collected on doctors in Richmond which might be useful to you.

1. I saw in some website that Viriginia Women's Center is one of the best for Ob/gyn care. You can visit their website and choose a doctor from there.

2. My previous doctor gave reference to Dr Leemore Burke. She is with Commonwealth Physicians for Women. When I called up for appointment, they said the doctor sees the patient only from 7th month of pregnancy. Till then, only nurse practisioner will see us. So I did not choose her.

3. Dr Sucharitha Vigneshwar is also joining Commonwealth Physicians for women from Sep 1. All other doctors in this group are lady doctors. Also Dr Vigneshwar said she will be available during delivery time for around 95% of her patients. Only if it is unavoidable, she will leave it to the duty doctors. My colleague also confirmed this saying that the doctor stayed back till the baby was born eventhough her shift was over.

4. St Mary's hospital is the best one in Richmond for labor and delivery.

Hope this is useful to you!

Padma

5. akilaakka

akilaakka Senior IL'ite

Ladies,

I have a itching in the vargina so doctor asked me to take antibactrial tablet. do anybody came across these before..??

6. shyl

shyl Senior IL'ite

Padma,
    I am sooo thankful to you for providing me the details. I did look up and St.Mary's is within 6mi radius from where I live. I also looked up and my insurance also covers St.Mary's and Dr.Sucharitha. Best of all she has 22yrs experience so this makes me feel a lot better and you have provided good referral info too. So most probably I will see her.

I really appreciate you for providing me all this information.
    Thanks
    Shyl

7. padma09

padma09 New IL'ite

You are welcome Shyl! Around 75% of Dr Sucharitha's patients are Indians. So she really will have more experience with Indian patients, their habits, etc.

I am not sure if she has 22yrs experience although she has completed her studies earlier. She said she has been doing this for 9 years. She has been living in US for 21 years, this is what I know. Since I have visited her only once so far, I am not able to give you any of my personal experience. I am also hoping that I have chosen a good doctor.

Wish you good luck in Richmond!

Padma

8. akumar

akumar Senior IL'ite

HI Shewtha,

Good to hear tht your Scan is near. i am also now curious to know the result.:cheers. Mine is due on 10th but i am changing the insurance provider so my scan will be lil delayed at the end of sept. i have started feeling baby's movements 3 4 days back and day by days these movements are increasing and most on left side..like butterfly fluttering or you can say some lizard is wandering in ur tummy :crazy. (chipkali ka bachca):biglaugh
    well i think u must have heard abt those excercises PELVIC TILT, KEGEL EXCERCISES, TAILOR STRETCH.
    rite now i am too doing evening walk only , but i have an doc appointment on friday , so will confirm from my doctor.:thumbsup

9. akumar

akumar Senior IL'ite

HI akilaakka,

I too had vaginal itching frequently , its like every other week, u have this problem. well when i was in India, i discussed this problem with gyna thr and she gave me one external tube(Canesten vaginal tube)to use. i am having tht here with me and its very effective whenever i am having itching it works good.

i am also having my Doc appointment on friday, will also discuss with her reg this.:)

10. akilaakka

akilaakka Senior IL'ite

Hi akumar,

Thanks for your reply. Please do ask this also to your doctor about do we need to remove the hair in the varginal area during this pregnancy time
    does this will make itching??

once you get answers let me know.