1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H4 visa renewal

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by inertia2009, Aug 21, 2009.

1. inertia2009

inertia2009 Junior IL'ite

I am in USA on a H4 dependent visa, but my visa got expired last month. My husband is on H1B visa and his company has applied for a green card. His H1 is been extended for 1yr i.e., from 08/01/2009 to 09/30/2010 and he has his I-797A form.

I would like to know the procedure for renewing my visa, as i need to take up my driver's license test and they require my passport as identification.

To get my visa renewed should i go to canada or mexico. Please let me know the procedure ASAP. Thanks!!!

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

contact your husbands employer or the attorney they would suggest the respective actions..let your husband take care of this!

3. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

If your husband's employer renewed his H1B, then they would also get your H4 renewed. If he got it done thru an Attorney, then should too get it done thru the attorney

4. kdals1981

kdals1981 New IL'ite

I hv the similar situation. I hope ull help me out.

How did u renew you driver licence and where did you go for H4 visa stamping? did you face any complication like instead of issuing visa they ll give you yellow chit n you hv to wait for email from consulate to drop passport in consulate n get visa next day??
    Please help me
    Thanks in advance.

5. diashwini

diashwini New IL'ite

As per my knowledge, you will not get it stamped on your passport. You will get the renewed I-94 only. Meanwhile if you go to India and wants to return to the US, then you will have to get it stamped. The process will be similar to that of first time stamping like submit the documents, interview etc. There is no guarantee that it will get approved. I have seen a couple of cases where H4 was rejected. In short you must have your H4 stamped before you re-enter. It is not necessary if you do not have any plans to go out of the US. Only renewed I-94 will do. If your husband's employer is taking care of his H1 renewal, they will take care of your H4 renewal too.