1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ayush Homam

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by nirupama126, Aug 5, 2009.

1. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Hi! All,

My DD will turn 2 in Oct.We were planning for her Ayush Homam and had some queries about it.
    We plan to do her 2nd Birthday in India but as of now not sure if we will be able to travel to india.

1. Is it so that Ayush homam is to be done on her birthday or we can do it anytime? As its holy month of Shravan so were planning if we can do that in this month.
    2.What is the procedure for ayush Homam,though a priest will perform it, what all is the procedure according to the shashtra?

Looking forwaard for youe inputs and opinions ladies.

thanking you.

Nirushan

2. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    To my knowledge i think Ayush homam is done if the baby turns 1.
    As u said, u need to ask the priest for the list of items that r needed for the homam, and they can very well explain what other things that r need to be done!

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

I second San. Ayush homam is done on the 1st star birthday in most traditions. But since you have already missed it check with the priest as he will be able to tell you the procedure for your caste... your MIL would be the next better person to guide you.

Latha

4. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Thanks Sanravi.I think I will ask the priest about it in detail.Since we are from Maharashtra I was not aware of it as they dont do in our place.But read about it on net and thought of doing it.

5. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Thanks Latha. I was reading on net that it can be done on every b'day also depending on the nakshatra.Its not done in maharashtra so was not aware of it so thought to write about it in this forum. Will check with the priest about it in detail.

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Ayush homam can be performed,every annual birth day upto 5 years or even more according to resources and facilites.Ayush Homam normally requiers 4 purohits or 1 purohit and 3 modestly informed brahmins or even 3 family elderly members can do.Ayush homan can be done on the 2nd year on the same natchatram, which the child was born.... not on the day of birth..

Important to be noted is : Natchatram is most important for ayush homam, natchatradhi homam, karnabooshanam, annaprasanam, etc...

with love
    pad

7. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Thanks Padmini. This was what I read on the websites.One more query how to calculate the nakshatram and how to find out the date of the nakshatram to do the homam?

Nirushan

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

You have to perform the Homam on the day of his month ( on which the baby was born) the day on which his birth star comes. i.e. the star of the day on which the baby born.
    with love
    pad

9. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

If you are not sure,you can tell the priest the year and date he was born so that they can tell you the star that occurs on that year.