November 2009 Mommies!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by vpriya, Mar 3, 2009.

1. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Hi Ranjoos, gosh, I remember the cargo pants! All the best for your GTT...

Hi Latha, all the best for your GTT as well. Even I have awful shoulder and back ache off and on thanks to sleeping on my side (I so want to sleep on my tummy!!). I told my doctor about the back pain, and she said thats normal because of the weight and size increase. Have you tried using a pillow beltween your knees? I've also had friends use those long body/maternity pillows. I don't use them though, so cannot comment on their effectiveness. Sometimes I do some simple yoga stretches (particulary the cat-cow stretch), and that helps. This link has some info about other prenatal poses: Recommended Poses for Prenatal Yoga

I just called up my doctor's office, and I passed the GTT-yippee :)

How is everyone else doing?

2. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Welcome Pranavi, Latha and Sasi.
    Tej, yes my son was going to daycare but now due to summer vacations he is at home and so it has been more hectic.he doesn't take nap in noon and wont let me too.
    Sush, great ur parents are coming on oct 12th, which airlines?

I feel ok, just tired and less sleep now adays due to the growing belly. i get cramps/ back pain and leg pain ( near the hips due to sleeping on side) and wake up by 3 am.

Vanitha, even my hair is very good now, and thankfully no acne. only black circles now itself. i am sure it will get worse after waking up for night feedings.
    My mom will come in oct middle.
    Chitra,
    yes it is nice to think back abt those days. this says you have more time,LOL!
    for me it is pretty hectic.
    Even if u work two days still u might need to get a double pump.

Priya

3. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone... Does any one have swelling in the feet? I noticed on Sunday that my feet had swelled a little..thought that its may be due to the shopping and other stuff that I did on that day. My urine output was also very less again attributed it to not drinking enough water throughout the day. But today again I noticed that my feet had the swelling right after I got up from bed! I do keep a pillow for my feet to elevate it... now worried :(
    Need to try the jeera +water therapy I suppsoe... Any one else sailing in the same boat?

4. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

Priya

Ok I can understand it becomes really hard taking care of a toddler while pregnant. You must be brave enough to handle them both.

BTW how is ur weight gain? and did u happened to go for GTT

Chitra

Cool so you crossed a milestone by passing GTT. Now u can eat anything u want.

Lalitha

Regarding swelling do lots of walking thats the best solution, i walk daily for atleast 30 mins in the evening and never had any swelling. 3rd trim is the time when this swelling stuff starts.

you should be very careful, also my granny once said if you boil barley and drink barley water swelling oozes out. so better try this if walking doesn't help.

and dont stand in a same position for long time. keep changing ur positions take quick walks whenever possible.

All - My updates.

Im doing pretty gud, entered my 3rd trimester, counting days now. My bach ache is getting worse day by day. Now im not even able to sleep properly. My eating habits and everything else remains same.

Im walking everyday for 30-45 mins in the evenings, im getting much relief by eve walks.

We are driving to canada for my brother's House warming celebration this coming weekend, will be there with them for 5 days and comeback. Preparing myself for a long drive.

My parents will be coming to US on oct 12 in Qatar Airways.
    Oct 14th we have a in house traditional sreemantham, then on Oct 18th a grand baby shower with few family & friends.

im just hoping my baby doesn't make an entry that early. I want to spend being pregnant with my mom and get lots of pampering from her.

lets see how it goes.

I have regular Doct appt on Aug 13th 28th week, and have a 4D imaging US on Aug 14. Im eagerly waiting to see my baby with all those colors and music this time. I heard few friends saying that the baby features will also be clear in 4D imaging.

5. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

@Chitra: That link you sent is pretty good. I do some yoga 2-3 times a week and it helps me sleep better at nights.

@priya: must be quite tough for you...Are your parents coming to help you out soon? Then it will be quite a relief for you!

@sush: I saw your post about how you relieved you felt after they did some tests when you reported feeling of reduced movement... Even I feel the same sometimes and my doctor said not to worry. Last Friday they checked heartbeat and everything's fine. Looks like already have the mother's instict of worrying about our LOs!:bonkNice to hear you're having a seemantham.... Will be fun to get pampered!

@Ivarada: Hope your feel sweeling feels better... Dont' stand in one position for a long time. I had a lower back pain only on the right side this weekend... Couldn't bend or walk too much. Got better with icepacks. So try that

@Ranjooose... high school between 99 and 2002... you're young!!! I spend my high school days during the DDLJ and HAHK craze... maybe chitmin and I are around the same age...

The kind of music we used to listen to also feels so strange now... Ace of Base, The Eagles, Billy Joel.. The Michael jackson songs I hear everywhere these days make me nostalgic too...

Oh btw.. I passed the GTT test.. phew... Take care everyone

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  6. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

It's nice to read everyone's updates. Have fun in Canada Sush! The last trip before the baby :) The 4D imaging ultrasound sounds like something to look forward to since you'll now be able to see the baby's features!

Yes, Priya..I have had some time on my hands thanks to the summer break--but it's back to work in two weeks...all the way uptil October 15. I'm sure it's hard having a toddler at home...but what fun the two of them will have with each other in a few years :)

Tej--congratulations at passing the GTT. I was also a little worried about it (since chocolates are totally my thing!). And I guess we are of the same vintage if we both reminisce about HAHK and DDLJ.....I'm 30 (1979 born)--didn't want to remark in surprise at how young Ranjoos is and declare my prehistoric status-hehehe...in fact, Ranjoos you were still in school when I got married in '01--heavens, I can't believe it's really been that long :)

In other news, I have been walking religiously every evening for about an hour. My only form of exercise... Luckily I continue to feel great on the whole--no major aches and pains (save for that irritating back ache, but I try not to think about it). I've not really gained much weight either--at my last week's appointment I was told that I had gained 4lbs from the start of my pregnancy (but I had also lost 6lbs in the first trimester, and now weigh 10lbs more--but the doc said that my body will probably only notice the extra 4lbs--whatever that means!). I'm guessing the bulk of the weight gain is yet to happen. As long as I'm able to lose it all after the birth... My food habits are much the same. I'm still not interested in eating poultry, and usually end up having fresh vegetables and lots of curd-rice. The day begins with a bowl of wholegrain cereal, followed by a bowl of curd-rice-and some vegetable for lunch. I have a fruit by late afternoon, and end the day with some toasted sandwiches (usually tomato, cilantro, cucumber, jalapenos, and mozzarella cheese) or scrambled eggs and toast for dinner. I have lots of water/nimbu pani through the day... (sorry about the tangential post!)

Anyways, I think I'll get back to my book--I picked up a ton of books from the library and have been reading as if there is no tomorrow (my friends say they ahrdly get anytime with a small baby/child at home--so am reading up for a few years it seems :) ).

Alright then...take care everyone..

Chitra.

7. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Chitra and waitingForTej,

:rotflIm 24. Born in 1985:) I finished my masters just a year back..:)

Everyone,
    How are you all doing? I had my apointment on monday and everything looks ok. I have my glaucola test on 24!!!After Vinayaka chaturthi :rantI was planning to make and eat lot of things on that day!!!

Were you all asked to fast 12 hrs for your GTT? I have my t:rantest in the afternoon and she told me not to fast. I am so worried about the test. I have been eating so much rice and sweets!!!!

8. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

@Ranjitha You ARE young! I'll be 31 soon and am prolly one of the older FTMs around here :)

For the GTT test, you don't need to do any fasting. For me they offered a glucose drink to be had 1 hour before the test. Once you have the glucose drink, you shouldn't eat anything for an hour up until they draw your blood for the test. So it's pretty simple. I think the fasting is for the next level tests they may do if they think it's needed....All the best, Am sure you'll be fine!

@sush, how have you been? Are you in Canada already? I was thinking of going to Niagara falls, not sure though...

@vpriya, @Vshetty, @ivarada and all others how are you?

9. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    My diabetic sugar level is under control... phew... after 6 months struggle...this month the readings are 77/116...GOD I am so glad... Swelling in the foot completely went out after 2 days of drinking water boiled with lots of jeera... so back to normal...
    @waitingForTej, me too 31 and FTM..so we are in the same boat...
    @Ranjoose... you make me feel decidedly oldie... but only in the chronological sense :)
    One of my collegue who has joined back after her maternity leave today was telling me that leakage of milk was a big problem for her after the LO was born it seems. We were talking about the breast pads available... Does anyone of you second time mommies have an FBs on them? Are they good? Do we need them when we join the workforce back? I saw one brand(forgot the name) at the Mothercare shop in T.Nagar Chennai. Are they really effective?
    @ All other Nov mommies... take care...Have a nice weekend!

10. Ammu82

Ammu82 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to all of you.

I have been following the thread since some time and have been very much benefitted with the information.

We are expecting our first baby on Nov 18th and are very excited!!!!!

I have a question - are any of you thinking about preserving the cord blood?

Note: I have posted this yesterday, but I was unable to find it today, so I am reposting it.

Thanks,
    Ammu