Candles,chocolates how to start a business

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by Candleart, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Candleart

Candleart Senior IL'ite

Recently we were trasferred from Delhi to Bokaro.At Delhi I had my hobby classes and people buying candles and chocolates from me but now I am at a loose end.I really do want to start my candlemaking business but do not know how to.I get my supplies from Delhi and can send ready candles by courier.All ideas are welcome.
    Right now I am into candle painting which has given more variety to my efforts.I also make chocolates.Please help!:coffee

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

^ [ just my 2 cents ] please contact the managers of Super Markets (/ Bazars) , Medical Shops
    and Fancy (Gifts) Shops ... in your own locality and neighboring areas and have a deal with them :)

And you may also contact any Clubs / Societies / Educational Institutions ... etc ...

3. Candleart

Candleart Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.Does one have to invest in packaging machines etc. and other related stuff for candlemaking?Right now I make candles at home and wrap them nicely.
    It would be great if someone could guide me to expand my business.:)

4. mitrakannan

mitrakannan New IL'ite

hi
    i live in chennai,i was doing candle making business, three years before,you have raw material available in chennai and molde u have to buy.its making enourmouse process it is time bounding one.i can teach people who ever interested.but the marketing aspect is very tough.
    we can teach how to make home made chocalates also.but again marketing is tough for this also,as in small scale we can do both business.all the best

5. bonbon

bonbon New IL'ite

hi mithra kannan,
    i'm living in chennai.if u can will u teach me candle making.expecting ur reply.
    regards,bonbon

6. season

season New IL'ite

I like to start candle and chocolate making bussiness . Can u guide me?????

7. Candleart

Candleart Senior IL'ite

Dear Season,
    First of all you should join some classes to learn candlemaking and chocolate recipes. If know the basics then its easy to discuss the product with the clients and you can add your own touch to make your stuff better than the rest available in the market.
    All the best!

8. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

It is good to learn both professionally! As Mitra says, it is not a joke to market these products.I know it personally because I have been associated with her and her business for sometime.

9. Yashranj

Yashranj New IL'ite

Hi mithra kannan,

I also wanted to learn to make candles. Pls help me. Pls give ur contact details so that I can contact u.

Yashranj

10. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    My name is Birraj. I am in USA now. I am going to visit chennai in another 2 months. In a thread I saw that you are willing to teach candle making. I already know how to make candles. I have to make candles for my personnel use while I am in India. I would like to know in chennai where to get the candle making supplies. If you can let me know the place and contact details where can I get the candle making supplies that will be very much helpful.

Thanks
    Birraj