Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajkumar

rajkumar New IL'ite

Re: Who Am I?

Hi all ILites,..

I am raj kumar from Chennai...recently shifted from Hyderabad...I work in a software company as a Project Analyst...My wife and kids, 9 yr daughter and 7 yr old son still in Hyderabad ..may move to Chennai next year..

Till that time i am all alone in chennai all the way...My friend in US Anitha...she suggested me this site..so that i can be in touch with some good Indusites in chennai...

Thats it from my side..hope to contribute whatever way to promote IL...

all the best..cheers..
    raj

2. rswarna

rswarna New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am Swarna, it was the Valmiki Sundarkaandam forum, that brought me into this Site.
    I found this forum, lively and informative..

I am happy to join the team

About me...
    I am married.. and I am working too

I am from Chennai

What else..

Waiting to discuss more in the forums

Regards
    Swarna

3. sagitha

sagitha New IL'ite

hello....
    this is who i am....sajitha is my name born and brought up in the beautiful hillstation of south india...OOTY .....of course....(very proud of it).
    did my schooling in ooty and did my interior designing degree in coimbatore...
    married for the past 8yrs.....to an orthopaedic surgeon.....from dharmapuri in tamilnadu....and am now in uk for the past three years..
    have been blessed with two wonderful daughters....who keep me occupied the whole time...i love cooking and and cooking and cooking.............that's about me

4. ambiladv

ambiladv New IL'ite

Hai..:)

I'm Ambili..like my handle suggests I'm an advocate by degree and doing as legal officer in a Fingerprinting firm in Trivandrum,Kerala.Happly married with 2 kids living in homestate. My hubby is again a law graduate and a successful advocate in High Court of Kerala.My little butterflies are doing their 4th and 2nd stds. My interest...I love to listen to songs and ..yes..do sing..in family gatherings and occations.Like dancing,reading(but too little time left after ...)
    Of course Like to browse internet and make good friends all over the world.

Love u all..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2007
  5. ilanchelvan

ilanchelvan New IL'ite

hi. my name is ilanchelvan. I'm from malaysia. i like to share ideas on varies topics. we may discuss things related finance, family, relationship any anything else. i'm very open minded. currenty I'm an unit trust consultant.

more info from your questions.

take care all.

thank you.

Ilan

6. nivi

nivi New IL'ite

Hello

Hello.

My name is nivi. I live in US. I heard this is a great site to share your feelings. As I do not have that many friends who I can share my feelings with.... I hope to make good friends here....I will be posting messages soon. ....

7. shaluj

shaluj New IL'ite

Re: Hello

welcome to Indusladies.

see you soon

thanks

8. JumpinJude

JumpinJude New IL'ite

Hi there, I am Judy.

I was born and raised in suburban Washington, DC, and have lived in the Rochester, NY, area since 2000. I am 38, married for seven years, and have a three and half year old daughter. I am not Indian, but fell in love with Indian food as a teenager. I started cooking it as a young adult, and have loved learning about regional Indian cooking ever since. I cook Indian food from just about every region of India, as well as some Pakistani and Sri Lankan food, too. (I also cook Ethiopian, Thai, Chinese regional, Malaysian, Italian, etc., so, I am a foodie in general.

I am a stay-at-home-Mom now, and write resumes and related documents in my spare time (hah hah, what mother really had a lot of spare time?). In my former life (pre-Motherhood), I was a technical recruiter. I love cooking, obviously, and also enjoy reading, painting, gardening, foreign languages and linguistics, nature, etc.

I know I am not technically an Indus Lady, but I hope you ladies won't mind if I observe and learn from your posts about South Asian cooking and culture! :-D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  9. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Hi Judy,

Welcome to Indus Ladies. I hope you enjoy the cooking recipe threads.

10. JumpinJude

JumpinJude New IL'ite

Thanks, Sai, I have already been enjoying myself.

I started cooking mostly Northern Indian years ago (which I bet is typical for most North Americans of non-Indian origin, since that is what we mostly get in restaurants). Lately, say, in the past two or three years, I have been branching out and trying to make more and more kinds of foods from the southern regions. So, with all of the posts about Andhra food, etc., I am really having fun working through the recipes!

By the way, I like your picture - the columbine (Aquilegia). I have an obsession with them, much to my husband's dismay!

Judy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.