1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dark skin/Tanning/Pigmentation Problems & Solutions/Remedies

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by anuchandu, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Re: Darkening neck

No problems, try it for everyday for a month and let us know if it worked

2. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

You can also apply Til oil [gingelly oil]for 20 minutes.Rub it in nicely.
    Wash off after that preferably with besan or pacchaipayiru powder.
    You have to be regular with it.

geevee

3. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Apply (cucumber + potato) juice. Whenever it gets dried, apply the juice. Its better to use it with cotton swab. so that every 15 minutes you can apply. do it for 5 times a day. you'll see the difference immediately.:)

4. Shijiskumar

Shijiskumar Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Ruby,Geeve and Shel

5. inanya

inanya Senior IL'ite

suggest a remedy..tanned skin

hi,
    i am dark in colour..
    applying herbal products my face looks normal (as not so dull or so dark)
    but my neck portions,(both back and front) are still dark than my face. so i could wear only tops with color., since the colour my face and neck looks different.
    also, during these summer, my both hands are getting darker than my original colour. so, i could not wear a sleeveless top, where the portions with sleeve looks normal and after sleeve looks more dark.. suggest me a remedy for this problem... What can be applied to make my skin colour even from face to hands?

6. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

re: suggest a remedy..tanned skin

Hi,
    To lighten the skin color, follow this regularly.
    • Use cucumber+potato juice 4-5 times a day for a week.
    • Use green grampowder+besan+orange peel with milk or curd daily as a bathpowder.
    • use lemon+honey+milk mixture once in a week. Apply it all over the body before taking bath.

7. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

Born as fair but now becoming dark

Hi,

My daughter is five years old now. When she was born and till 3 years she was very fair. But now i can see she is becoming dark. But her face is brighter and fairer than the body.

I was applying Olive oil for some year, but some told me that if we apply olive you will become dark, so i stopped it.

Please suggest me some solution to get her fairness back. Week ends i wash her with MIX(Bengal gram powder, Kasthuri manjal powder, Sandal powder, milk and rose water). Apart from this what should i do.

Regards,
    Bagiya

8. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Re: Born as fair but now becoming dark

Hi Bagiya

This mixture you are applying is very good.

Apart from that I feel that apply only manjal that will help retain the fairness.

9. vanithavinod

vanithavinod New IL'ite

Dark Skin around the Neck Or Back

Hi All ....

Having a dark neck is a fairly common complaint. There are a couple of simple reasons for this problem tsk

*One is lack of proper cleaning. We have a tendency to ignore the neck while cleaning and scrubbing the face. Sometimes, this leads to an accumulation of dirt that makes the skin on the neck dark and unattractive.

*Secondly, the neck has several fine folds of skin that have a tendency to trap dust and sweat particles there. Over a period of time, this also leads to darkening of the skin. In either case, you would have to concentrate on cleansing and then lightening the color of your skin in the area.

Remedy
    ----------

Follow a daily routine of cleansing and exfoliation of the neck for at least two weeks before you see results. Use plain milk to cleanse your neck. Milk is an excellent cleanser as well as a good toner. After cleansing, scrub your neck with a granular exfoliating scrub. Any scrub bought off the shelf will do for this purpose.

But if you do not wish to invest in one, you can also make your own. Make a pasty mix of olive Oil & Sugar Crystals and use this to scrub your neck in gentle circular motions till all the sugar dissolves. This scrub will help to even out your skin tone. You should alternate using this one with a scrub that will also mildly bleach your skin.

Make one with crushed Walnut & Yogurt, to which a few drops of lime juice have been added. Massage this into your skin gradually and slowly. Keep in mind that this is slightly abrasive, since walnuts will not dissolve as sugar does. Do be particularly gentle or you may hurt yourself while cleansing.

Application of Lime Juice to the neck will also help to lighten its color somewhat. But remember to do this only at night, so that you do not go out in the sun with remnants of lime juice on your neck. This will have a tendency to make your neck darker, since skin that has been exposed to a mix of lime juice and sunlight will do that.

--
    Vanitha J :wave:

10. suganthiezhil

suganthiezhil Senior IL'ite

Re: Dark Skin around the Neck Or Back

hi vanitha,:)
    nice tips.Thanx and keep sharing.:thumbsup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.