Mayawati's Statues

Discussion in 'Uttar Pradesh' started by sweetgirl4flirt, Jul 19, 2009.

1. sweetgirl4flirt

sweetgirl4flirt New IL'ite

I don't live near Lucknow or haven't been to UP for quite some time, but I have heard a lot about the famous statues of Ms. Mayawati. Looks like madam CM has blown away 100s of crores in putting up her own statues every where.

What are your views about them? Do you think that was a good usage of money?

2. SimranUnplugged

SimranUnplugged New IL'ite

Hi Sweetgirl....see no one is answering this thread; seems Maya Madam's policy to put behind bars anyone who speaks against her has worked. :hide:

Well, whenever, I see those statues on TV, I donno why it reminds me of Saddam Hussain....Harhar

Would love to hear from you ladies on Mayawati's statue mania?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

I find the whole episode quite hilarious. I was intrigued by the fact that all the statues had the CM standing with her bag. The bag itself is complete with latch and zip etc. There must be some reason behind it.
    If we look at recent reports – the Income Tax Deptt is investigating her assets. She is also known to ask party men to contribute handsomely to the party kitty on her birthdays. Recently, an Executive Engineer of the State PWD was murdered by the local MLA when he was unable to cough up the amount demanded of him.
    Now we can understand the importance of statues with purses.
    :thumbsup

4. Ayesha88

Ayesha88 New IL'ite

The whole episode is rather sad. As Rahul Gandhi pointed out all this is being done at the cost of development. There is so much to do in terms of drinking water or basic healthcare.
    We do see so many patients from UP and Bihar at the hospitals of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>. Many of them could be treated at any government hospital having qualified staff and basic infrastructure. With all this money, she could easily have added staff, added more X Ray machines and even built a new wing at the existing hospitals. The new wings could have been named after the Dalit icons whose cause she espouses. No doubt this would have earned her a lot of good will and even ensured her seats in the next elections. But no, the chief minister goes on building statues and elephants.

:bonk

5. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

true....really sad that we have such people in our government and can do least to throw them out of power

this statue thing is pretty interesting.... but then this is just another news that will be lost and forgotten in no time...however people will stare those statues for years and remember her all the more

i hope it becomes a topic of debate in the circles that matter and funds are deducted from the CM's personal wealth....

6. QueenieB

QueenieB New IL'ite

I consider this no less than a national shame and its high time, people who voted Ms. Mayawati to power to question her - Did we vote you into power so that statues can be built? See how quickly the statue project has been completed...

Can a hospital or a school/college be constructed so fast? No...it won't because dear people you have already voted and you are not required for the next 4 years.
    :exactly:
    What do you think?

7. Rene123

Rene123 New IL'ite

Hey, I stay in Noida and Mayawati's statues also exist there :p

Although, you must be aware of the major upheaval that has occured post Akhilesh Yadav's entry. They are now thinking to make a hospital on that land but with statues intact.