Are you coming to Surat?

Discussion in 'Western India' started by sejalmodi, Jul 20, 2009.

1. sejalmodi

sejalmodi New IL'ite

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="PlaceName"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="PlaceType"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <st1:city w:st="on">Surat</st1:city> is the diamond capital of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> also known for its textile market. However, July 22, 2009 has brought a special reason for people from all over the country and world to come to <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Surat</st1:place></st1:city> and witness the biggest total solar <leo_highlight style="border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(255, 255, 150); background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_0" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" leohighlights_keywords="eclipse" leohighlights_url="http%3A//thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/highlights/keywords?keywords%3Declipse">eclipse</leo_highlight> of the century. The celestial event will be visible first in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:country-region u1:st="on">India</st1:country-region></st1:country-region> in the diamond city of <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:city u1:st="on">Surat</st1:city></st1:city> off the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placetype w:st="on"><st1:place u1:st="on"><st1:placetype u1:st="on">Bay</st1:placetype></st1:place> of <st1:placename w:st="on"><st1:placename u1:st="on">Cambay</st1:placename></st1:placename></st1:placetype></st1:place>. More so, such an <leo_highlight style="border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(255, 255, 150); background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_1" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_1')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_1')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_1')" leohighlights_keywords="eclipse" leohighlights_url="http%3A//thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/highlights/keywords?keywords%3Declipse">eclipse</leo_highlight> will occur again on June 13, 2123.

So you can say, what you will witness in Surat on July 22, will be once in a lifetime experience; and the<st1:place u1:st="on"> Gujarat</st1:place> government has decided to turn the rare total solar <leo_highlight style="border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(255, 255, 150); background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_1" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_1')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_1')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_1')" leohighlights_keywords="eclipse" leohighlights_url="http%3A//thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/highlights/keywords?keywords%3Declipse">eclipse</leo_highlight> into a tourism event. The government is expecting at least 5,000 tourists to witness the celestial drama that will unfold in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on"><st1:city u1:st="on">Surat</st1:city></st1:city>. </st1:place>

<st1:city u1:st="on">Are you coming to <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Surat</st1:place></st1:city>?</st1:city>

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. QueenieB

QueenieB New IL'ite

Hi Sejal,

u Surat ma chu. :)

Came here yesterday to my friend's place in Athwa lines. Actually a few of our friends have got together here taking the Total Solar Eclipse viewing as a bahana. We were awake since 4 in the morning and were praying for the clouds to depart. However, it was disappointing as heavy clouds blocked the view of the total solar eclipse.

But...:hide: it came crashing down on earth. Really, the weather played a spoilsport. But never mind, the mood in Surat is ecstatic, and the roads are beaming with tourists, and we are definitely going to have a blast at Dumas over hot bhajiyas...
    :cheers

3. TanviSpeaking

TanviSpeaking New IL'ite

For me, Surat does not require a bahana for me to visit the city. It is one of my most favorite cities, not only in Gujarat but in India as well. I love Surat's lifestyle, the caring people, the hot Bhajiyas, ragda patties, the sprawling Malls and shops to envy and the nightlife. Driving around in Surat after Dinner till midnight with family and friends is the best thing I love about Surat.

Everytime I visit Surat, I make it a point to drive down to Dumas as well. My Mausaji teases us, "Why do you need to go to Dumas to have corn?" :rotfl

What is the best thing you like about Surat?

Attached Files:

4. uttarkideepika

uttarkideepika New IL'ite

Wow! thanks for the lovely picture. I didn't know Surat has this lovely seashore also. I guess Surat for the rest of India is known for its Diamonds and Sarees. I heard Sarees in Surat are sold by weight in some Textile market

Is it true??:roll:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. heer

heer New IL'ite

hey hi sejal...
    how r u?
    oooo........ kem che???
    i m also from gujarat...
    i wish to come gujarat but there no chance to make my plan...
    i m in US now...so u know....
    u say whats going on?
    what r u doing?
    waiting 4 ur reply....

thanks...
    Love.

6. prakruti

prakruti New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am Prakruti, now in Vadodara, Gujarat but my birth place is Surat and yes I love ratalupuri Ponk and Undhiyu of Surat too much and I miss it too.

7. Woodrow

Woodrow New IL'ite

I am planning to visit the Surat. I think is very good place to visit.

8. lamondivine

lamondivine New IL'ite

For me, Bahana Surat does not require me to visit the city. And one of my favorite cities, with the exception of Gujarat, but also in India. I'm loveSurat way of life, people care, Bhajiyas hot meatballs ragda, a sprawling shopping malls and shops and nightlife of envy. Driving around inSurat After dinner, until midnight, with family and friends is the best love Surat.