Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

Had a lot to catch at your forum. List of recipes to try have also grown.. lovely FB's and photos..

Yet to start the routine.. Will FB you from tomorrow.

Love
    Shyamala

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

final FB for the day for chow-chow thogayal. i only know of chow-chow tholi thogayal and this one was better than that:) I had one little green tomato so added that instead of tamarind. The chow-chow we get here is chinese, i think, and is crisp and elasu so you can imagine the taste. It went very well with chapathi.

Latha

3. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

Gd Morning to you.

today for breakfast tried your receipe for "LAPSI ADAI". with the tomato thokku.the combi is awesome and adais are very tasty,never culd imagine that a handful of dals and lapsi can taste so good.

as always tomato thokku tops,now its a regular .

just wanted to mention , palida is also very good to cool the body during the summer.and i remember it having it in schoolmate's place which her mom would prepare with mooli chunks or grated too.

thanks for the lovely and perfect receipes.

Latha,
    i dont apply any spl techniques while taking photo.i take some 3-4 takes and choose the best one and post .the background usually any furniture top is always choosen by my dd.who is beside me with her toy camera when i take photos.

cheers
    raji

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear chithra mami,

Feedback for MW milk chocolate - jiffy and fool proof.i have a milk powder packet to finish and tried this recipe.Ideal sweet for festivals as it gives a 'thitthippu feeling" which remains long time even after eating it.. :)
    It has set nicely and very soft to eat.Thank you for all the recipes.

5. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Dear NS,
    today I made Palak-corainder khichdi with omum morkoyambu and cucumber palida.I have no words to describe.Everything turned out superb.:thumbsup
    Thanks a ton NS.:bowdown

6. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    Made Vepampoo rasam today as per your recipe and it tasted great. I never knew vepampoo rasam would taste this great. Now P wants me to prepare this once a week.

Regards
    Hema

7. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,
    Its been a while since i visited IL but have been trying many diff recipes and not able to come online to post FB, so very sorry abt it, but have been thinking and thanking you always.
    i made ulutham kali and wanted to take photo too, but we just couldn't wait to taste it and finished it off, so didn't take pic.
    i am planning to make it again next weekend and hopefully take a pic.
    made pavakkai pitlai , pavakkai chips both were very good and very nice. dh was surprised as he always avoids pavakkai dishes.
    made semiya upuma, always i avoid such dishes but this time followed ur tips of roasting semiya first and then again with veggies and it came out very perfect.
    made paruppu urundai kolambu and also karuppu ulundu dosai for dinner, very very yummy!
    thanks so much for all wonderful recipes.
    Chaaral.

8. suganthiezhil

suganthiezhil Senior IL'ite

hai chitra amma,
    I tried out tomato kuzhambu for dosa last night and we loved the taste.It tempted us much and i dont know how much dosa i had.Thanks amma for ur [​IMG]receipes.

9. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hey!

Enga FB mazhai! I am more in love with bittergourd after Raji's pictures.Yes, it has been one of my favourites always. I wonder how some dont like certain vegetables!

Last night, we had a pot dinner, with three families preparing different dishes. We had to make rotis, a potato based curry and a sweet.

Now for the FB's - Made Gulabjamun, from the scratch. CV, Amma rarely makes the scratch version, we have always been with MTR mixes. Not that it is bad, but this is deliciosuly soft. I am pretty sure the picture gulabjamuns on the MTR carton was made using the scratch method! Also, it is very quick.

Rotis - Amma made two sets. Some plain, some kashmiri. Our grinder doubles with a kneader attachement and hence dough is a cakewalk. With my amma being a roti maker patron, it was so simple!

Potato Curry - Made madurai Kizhangu. Sema hit! All of them went back asking the way to do it! Is this a speciality of madurai? I had a aunty from Viridhunagar asking me about it :)

No photos - because my camera was out on a official trip :) And CV, did I give you my FB's on Set dosais? Acho, they were amazing. The sagu was super too.

One more thing - Is this the cucumber pachadi I gobbled up mercilessly at your place? It was so yummy, and I am so glad that it is catching up big time at IL. My ashoka halwa is still on the yet to try list:-(. Adding the palida to it now!

Love

Arch

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Latha, I watch very few cookery programmes on TV-not all at all! Some sound to me, very impractical at he beginning itself when I switch off! In this also, instead of coconut, copra was mentioned. But in TN we don't keep or use much of copra& so I tried with coconut. But always remember a touch of methi,mustad seeds etc, give a great taste!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.