Suggestion to buy musical keyboard

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by archu, Jul 1, 2009.

1. archu

archu New IL'ite

hi, My son is 5 years old and starting his keyboard lessons. Which is the best keyboard for him to start with? his school has recommended for 5 act keyboard . what does it mean.some suggestions please.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear archu,

IT means a 5 octave keyboard. it is a 61keys one. a 7octave has 88 keys.

You can look at yamaha's psre313..but i think 313 has been stopped and you now get a 413.

I feel yamaha keyboards are better than casio.

3. archu

archu New IL'ite

hi shanthi,

just checked the price of the model you gave, it is around $219- $260. so is it worth spending for beginners. will he be able to carry it to school as he is having weekend hobby classes at school. so is it functional? thanks for your time

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ARchu,

Please do talk to the school. yes 413 came at around 15k last september without the stand.

My daughter started with a PSR 180 which was very much enough for a beginner.

now as she is appearing for the grade exams and the third grade needs atleast 5 octaves we have switched over to a 413, which is only till she moved to the 5th grade after which i need to go in for a 7 octave...

it is on the heavier side too. My daughters learns it at home.

I personally do feel that your child should be allowed to check out his interest and then you could proceed to a higher end.

you do get 41keys keyboard at 3000too..or also you could check out for second hand ones...