1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Share Our Feelings - Part 2

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Raj;
    Happy Wedding Anniversary!!!!!
    Enjoy the day!!!
    -Nitha

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear dear Raj.....wishing you and Mr. Raj many many more years of togetherness, love and great companionship. thai... yummy...

we are all set to leave tomorrow early morning. most likely i'll sneak in the car in pyjamas. today was doing too many things in my usual style... no proper planning:( and then dinner time i just broke out. i'm hoping the weather will be good in Zurich and that we can have fun. i initially planned to book a b&b in the country side but no luck. it's only 2.5 hrs drive from here so not really hectic. i plan to check-in and doze off... the alps can wait:hide:.

today ananya said 'anna'... still awaiting amma though. she even said 'akka' to some girl at the bus. she's a real talkative esp with elderly ladies. she cutely shakes her head, some gestures with her little hands and goes on n on in gibberish. i love her!

will be back with you all on sunday. take care everyone and have a wonderful relaxing week-end.

Latha

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Ok - thats good :) And a very happy anniversary to you and Brian!

V.

4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Happy Anniversary Raj!!! Hope you guys have a great time at the dinner today...

Latha, hope you have fun in Zurich - must be beautiful...

Our playdate was good - I met a local mom through a local website and guess what? we both work in the same company! She has two kids, 3.5 and 2. Although the kids did not play together a lot, I liked the playground where we met. I lived close by, and didn't even know that there was this playground nearby. It is in an area sports complex, so I had never been there before.

V's eczema is becoming really bad, so I have to go see a dermatologist.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend...

5. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Thank you, Vanathi, Latha, Nitha and Sindhu. We had a great time at the lunch today, and the food was just yum yum!

:thumbsup Good for you, Sindhu! It never hurts to ask or make the first move, that's how long lasting friendships are made! I hate it when someone cribs and complains about how lonely they are. This planet is full of people and if you keep looking you are bound to find someone that has similar interests as you. I hope V gets some relief from his eczema.

Latha, Ananya is growing and learning by leaps and bounds. Good for her!

I have a wonderful news to share! My mother is visiting us for a month in October. Unfortunately, my dad can't come at the same time again because of his work. Most importantly, my parents have a 4 year old lab who is sick, gets seizures routinely and although he's on medication someone has to be with him all the time and they can't leave him with anyone. He's my parents third kid. :) Anyhow, I am excited that atleast my mom could come. I am already drooling just thinking of all the wonderful dishes she will be making.

Raj

6. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

I ended up leaving M for 4 hrs and walking away from there - he screamed till he fell asleep (for 20 mins), woke up and screamed until I came back. I sure hope this doesn't hurt him and hope he tries to understand that I will get back soon, otherwise I will have to pull him out of there. Today we were at one of M's friend's bday party and he was so worried everytime someone came close or touched him that they may take him away from us! This friend's mom has offered to take M in for 1/2 hr to 1 hr every now and then so that he can realize that I will come back to pick him up even if I leave him in some place. DH and I don't like to bother anyone and hence we are just waiting for a little more time.

Sindhu and V, that's exactly what I was thinking too - to ask for a playdate... M does not show much interest in playing with girls and there's just one other boy who comes in regularly. I have to find out if his mom is works outside, etc... hopefully she won't be one of those pigmentally challenged people out here!

Raj, belated anniversary greetings.

Latha, hope you have relaxing weekend.

-L.

7. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Thanks, Lavanya :)

Lately, Riya is becoming such a little helper. She loves to put trash in the trash can, switch laundry from the washer to the dryer, put her shoes away after we come back from an outing, or her clothes away in the laundry hamper. She even takes the lunch bag from her dad after he comes from work and brings it to me to the kitchen. Yesterday morning she helped me set up the table for breakfast. :) I have learned that it also distracts her from getting bored and throwing a tantrum! Good deal, huh!

Raj

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  8. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Raj, Belated aniversary wishes and wow, good that ur mom is coming to stay with you for a month in Oct. I know how cozy it is to have mom by our side and do nothing but sit and relax. I am longing for that in my India trip :).

Lavanya, It hurts to see our lil one cry for a long time...I've been thro this when Pranav was 6 months...he was going to day care for a month as nobody was home to take care of him and he used to cry a lot in the morning once I hand him over to his teacher. And he was very clingy with me during that time. even @ home I will always carry him even if i am cooking or browsing or whatever it is. But this is a good experience for our lil ones, it hepls them become more social...so just think all that happens is for good :thumbsup

Latha, Hurray to ananya and wish u a wonderful and relaxing trip to Swis.

PavArun, Hugs to V...hope the lil one gets better soon.

And we had a very relaxing weekend, one of our frens family was home and guess what we went for sweet Cherry & strawberry picking (pick ur own fruit) in one of the nearby orchards and it was too good. Pranav was enjoying it so much and when i tasted the cherries in the orchard, he was asking for everything that i ate. I gave him some sweet cherries and he loved it I shud say. he was asking for more and more and ended up having 4 to 5 cherries. Only after feeding him cherries I was wondering If I cud feed him cherries...He was asking for strawberries also when we were picking them from the orchard, but I did not let him have it and decided to ask his ped first before giving any berries to him.

9. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Raj, yay for little Riya for being such a good little helper. P wants to help me many times but his help actually causes more trouble - if he helps me with clothes from washer to dryer chances are that he will find an outfit (wet) that he wants to wear - NOW!! ("But I waaaaant to wear it.....") And when he helps me rinse the dishes he loves the faucet sprayer and goes wild with it and I have to wipedown everything nearby. Not to mention the time when he "helped" me make chapathi dough and decided he would mix his own dough and then liked painting his face with it. I thought it was harmless and kept him engaged, why not? Took me half an hour in the shower to clean his face and hair. DH's favorite line is "Why don't you go help mommy? She needs your help! :)"

Lavanya, hope M settles down soon at the daycare.

Meena, nice that you guys enjoyed the fruit picking. Sounds like fun.

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hey girls,

We are back. After all it was a nice trip. On Sat the weather wasn't great but atleast it didn't rain when we took a stroll in Luzern. There was some city day or something like that on sat and the military were doing parachute shows. That was a great spectacle for the boy. Then we retired in the lovely hotel in a suburb of Zurich. It was in an industrial estate and looked so unassuming. But was classy inside. Very sparingly furnished with modern stuff, no carpets but sparkling clean. I loved the bathroom... all squary things like the tap, the wash basin and the light was fixed in the mirror. Hee hee i indulged in a loooong bath after the kids retired (and had some special time with DH too ahem!).

The breakfast was nice too... i must have had 3 bowls of Bircher muesli. Sunday was warm and got unbearbly hot by the time we decided to drive back. We took a nice 1.5 hr round boat trip on the lake... it was like sunny, breezy that i dozed off with a snore (apparently.... who knows i had a wonderful siesta). then lunch at the best vegetarian restaurant. DH's uncle suffered a lot at the food dept but i had fun:thumbsup.

all said and done today i'm exhausted. one of aniish's classmate's mom (the other Indian student) has been operated last week for gall bladder stones. Poor thing she went for laproscopy, they detected some complications and did normal surgery. i don't know the details but she was in ICU from monday till wed last week and is expected home this week-end. they returned from india only the week before following sudden demise of the husband's maternal uncle, who was very very close to him. He looks completely shattered so i have been having the girl over everyday after school hours. atleast she has company and laughs a lot. the first day she was almost about to cry when A asked about her mom. she also has a brother 19 months old.. i would love to baby sit him as well but he doesn't seem to like the option:) thankfully the girl's paternal aunt has been granted visa and she's expected early next week to help them out for a while. please include my friend's speedy recovery in your prayers and thoughts.

Latha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.