1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

rice, dal or cereal?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Sri09, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Sri09

Sri09 Senior IL'ite

My daughter is 7 months old. She doesnt like eating cereal/any fruits/ Veggies from Gerber or other company. Instead she likes to eat dal-rice with ghee and a pinch of salt. She likes buiscuits which melt easily. My friend says she is early to eat rice and dal or buiscuits.

Is there any recipe with cereal to make it tasty? Can I add salt to it or ghee?

Can I give her rice, dal with ghee and salt?

What other foods I can give? What does your 7 month old eat or ate?

Sri

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Each baby is unique and you should give her whatever she feels comfortable eating and likes. You can add veggies to the rice daal mixture. and the ghee and salt are fine too in small quantities. I add steamed chicken, veggies such as lauki, spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, green peas, green beans etc to my sons daal rice mix.

3. camayluxdove

camayluxdove New IL'ite

Sri, biscuits can be dipped in the milk and given. rice and dal can be pureed a lil and given...there is no harm in giving a 7mth old that way.

I usually prepare ragi porridge and add ghee and jaggery to it. I even prepare powered oats porridige. To cereals u can add pureed veggies or fruits and feed her.

I used to feed him veggies like boiled carrot, sweet potato, french beans, greens peas pureed together.

4. reddy2207

reddy2207 New IL'ite

Rice and dal are fine if she can eat it. As suggested above, you can mix any veggie pureed (store brought or home made) to cereal and try. Ragi kanjee is an excellent food for 7 months old. I use to mix almond and cashew nut powder to it.

5. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    You are lucky ur baby likes rice and dhal. Like others suggested i gave rice porridge, well cooked/mashed rice with ghee , ragi porridge, oats, brown rice kanji, then each veg or combo steamed and pureed.
    u can also try fruits,
    cook apple/pears and puree it and give ur baby, they will like it.
    apricots/peaches i gave just like that, dont give grapes as it will choke.
    u can try mashed up cantaloupes/ watermelons.
    try only one new food per week and see how she likes. if everything is fine then cont with the food. dont introduce lots of diff new foods.
    gerber foods taste okok when compared to fresh food.