1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 7

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 8, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Part 11

“The Collector’s wish was carried out. A pair of golden shoes were made for the Queen of Madurai. Even now when she goes out on procession on festival days, when she is on her horse, she wears the shoes gifted by that Englishman.

“The words “Rose Peter, Collector of Madurai” are engraved on those shoes. You can see them even today.

“What a blessing the Englishman got! More than a hundred years after the incident his name stands near the lotus feet of our Holy Mother.”

Saravanan continued to talk while KG was crying silently.

“Our Mother, the undisputed queen of our hearts is adorned with many jewels. Recently they even added a diamond crown to her collection. Every Monday she wears that crown. They say that the crown is worth several crores. The necklaces and the chains that adorn her beautiful neck are invaluable. Those jewellery may be close to her heart, in the physical sense of the term.

"But I am sure, Sir, that the shoes she wears on her special days, the golden pair, with the name of Rose Peter engraved on them, is the closest to her heart in the real sense of the term. Tell me, Sir, what could be more precious to a mother than her son’s loving gift?”

“And to me, to sweep, to clean and do menial service for Her Majesty is far more holier than ruling a country or making millions. That’s why I come here everyday to serve my Queen. That’s why in spite of my Masters Degree in literature I love to sell vegetables near the temple.”

A sobbing KG went on to hug Saravanan, broomsticks and all.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Part 12

“Oh My God!” shouted Yamini in sheer ecstasy.

“You know dear that right now it’s festival season in <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Madurai</st1:place></st1:city>. Her Majesty’s marriage to Lord Sundareswara happened just a few days back. May Her Majesty who rules us by her love guard us all. May She fill our minds with true love.”

“So be it, my dearest.”

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

I am simply awed by the love of Rose Peter..... no words to describe my feelings except shed some tears out of love for my dear mother.

The only prayer I have is

Anna purane sadha purane
    shankara prana vallabhe
    Gnana Vairagya sidhyartham
    biksham dehi cha Parvathi

Thanks thanks thanks a lot for bringing my dear mother's karunai infront of our eyes and making my soul more peaceful but in all this you have created the urge for me to see my mother i.e. my avatar here...hope my desire too is fulfilled by HER.

4. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

yaa devi sarva bootheshu mathru rupena samsthitha
    namastasyai namastasyai namastasyai
    namo namaha

lovely episode
    luv
    krips

5. ashwiniramesh

ashwiniramesh New IL'ite

Oh my goddess!
    Sarva mangala mangalye shive sarvartha saadhike
    Sharanye thrayambake gowri narayani namosthuthe.

Thanks a lot sridharji for increasing bhakthi in me:bowdown, I think 'thanks' is not just the word you deserve, you deserve a lot.......

Ashwini

6. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar:bowdown,
    Very are really blessed to have you here sir. The way you are coming out with such nice stories i am searching for words. Just a thank you is not enough.:bowdown
    Rose peter is such a lucky person. I am waiting to visit Goddess Meenakshi.I pray it should happen soon.
    Love,
    Meenakshi

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti
    Wow such a lovely story. Whatever caste a human being is english, muslim or hindu but God love is the same to all.

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Lovely episode as usual! Did not know this story about the englishman,and Meenakshi.... i wonder how come .......but happy to read it and enjoy the bhakthi of this person too! And so sweet of him to make golden shoes....how much he was enamored by our Queen isn't it!

Thanks for sharing....:thumbsup

9. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Oh my Sridhar ,
    Not for formality - sake , not to please you , not for any other reason ...but ... the following words come from the deepest part of my heart :
    OMG 7 is simply superb ! :clap:clap:clap:thumbsup:bowdown
    Love ,
    Indhu.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Sridharji,

The first thing I did this morning is reading a wonderful story OMG 7. The bhakthi of Rose peter is wonderful. He wished to see the queen w/o breaking the temple rules. But the Goddess came all the way to save him.

The unconditional bhakthi of Rose Peter paid its worth. He is really blessed.

Thanks Sridhar, for this wonderful story. I wish to go to Madurai to see the golden feet.

andal