Stressed during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by tamanna_r, May 4, 2009.

1. tamanna_r

tamanna_r New IL'ite

Hello all,

I am 20 weeks pregnant. I am trying to be as happy as I can during this time as my mental state of mind affects my baby. Please suggest me something to keep myself happy.The day I feel good, I get some news from there which makes me upset.I dont want my baby to be affected by this and moreover since this is my 1st pregnancy after a miscarriage I want to be all the more careful.I am at home and try to keep myself as engaged as possible by listening to music and trying to meditate.My hubby is very supportive and helps me a lot.

Thanks,
    Tamanna

Last edited: May 4, 2009

2. sarasthara

sarasthara Bronze IL'ite

Dear Tammana,

Congratulations, I can understand your feeling. since pregnancy is a beautiful phase in all women life & its not time to worry for outer world. avoid the news which makes you unhappy. there are many things will distrub you and it is not in your hand but one thing is in your control thats your baby!!! it is replica of your feeling & your emotions so dont distrub your baby with all those things.
    These unwanted stress will affect both of you mentally & physically & it not good too. The recent research shows that extreme stress during a woman’s first trimester can have a negative impact on the baby’s mental health. you can also practise Yoga, meditation & breathing execrise to reduse stress and it is also very helpful to your delivery.
    So give your baby calm, relaxing & smooth feeling. all the best for you & your baby. :thumbsup:thumbsup

3. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Tamana,

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Now that you are pregnant concentrate on yourself and your baby. Listen to hymns, pray, listen to soft music, watch television read good books and keep your mind occupied. As mentioned you have got an understanding husband so that's your plus point.

Pregnancy is a time when one goes through a lot of mood swings and now that you are miles away from your loved ones you must be feeling even more. I think you should stop thinking about others opinions and talks and your past miscarriage at this point of time even if I sound blunt, as this is going to affect your LO. You need to be calm and cool at this time as you have still 20 weeks to go. You can try speaking good things to your parents and see if the mood lightens. They are your parents after all, I don't think you can do without them. Some things are best left to time.

About what will happen after your delivery you can think about this later! You can discuss with you husband about what needs to be done later. There is no point stressing yourself at this point of time. Take things as they come.

Take care. All the best!

Regards,
    Lynette

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  4. tamanna_r

tamanna_r New IL'ite

Thanks sarasthara and lee.I will keep this in mind:)

5. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Hi Tamanna,

Congrats on your Pregnancy :)

I am also 21 week pregnant. Try to keep some baby snaps in your room or cell phone screen saver.So that whenver you see the baby snap in front you start imaginign your baby and be happy :) Remember Now you are becoming a mother, so take this as a practice, to be happy/patience/smiling. For kids, we are their idols. If we are angry or something like that, even kids will learn that. We want to give them happiness. So keep smiling.. take this as a practice :D Also remember in this world there are sooo many people with soooo many issues,
    compartivily our issues are really small.. There are people out there without food too.. so think we are lucky to have this life, with 2 hands 2 legs, lovely husband :D
    bye
    Archana :)

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  6. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Tamanna

Congrats to you. Have a safe & joyful Pregnancy.

Since you are in 20 weeks, You will start feeling the baby movements which is great experience. Everyday try spend time rubbing your belly & talking to your baby. You can also sing to her/him.

Cut back on chores — and use that time to put your feet up, nap, or read a book. Since the climate is changing go for a walk. Browse IL where you can get lot of support/friends anytime.

Take Care Good of yourself. This is the time to relax coz once your LO is here then you won't have time.

Enjoy your Pregnancy.

Dhivya