Post-Pregnancy Weight Management

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Nila, Aug 6, 2006.

1. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Re: will the saree method help me

How often in a day do we have to tie the saree? just few hrs ?

2. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

Re: will the saree method help me

hi pragadha,
    i had two normal deliveries. after both of them i tied a nine yard cotton cloth arround my tummy for 40 days. i say 40 coz the massage lady used to tie it for me, after the massage package of 40 days was over she stopped coming and i stopped tieing. but i tied the belt for pretty long time. remember one thing, i took 9 months for your muscle to become the size it was, so it will take approx same time or more, to get it back to normal. also mostly it depends on the utherus. its actually the utherus that has to contract and shrink. then the tummy will go in. what can help u best is excercise only for abs. check out the 8mins abs. it works. i did it. ive not got total flat tummy, but for sure ive started using belts when i wear jeans, whereas earlier there was no need for belts. forget belts even the normal button of the jeans wouldnt close.....Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

3. tamanna_r

tamanna_r New IL'ite

Post pregnancy recipes

Hello Everybody,

I would be grateful if someone could tell me some post pregnancy vegetarian recipes that kannadigas prepare.Also some general tips to be followed after delivery.

Thanks,
    Tamanna

4. dearsins

dearsins Senior IL'ite

Pst Natal Massage in AUH

Hi Is there anybody from Abu Dhabi UAE? I am looking for ladies who would give massage to the baby and mother after delivery. I am due in Sep 09. Pls let me know if you have any contacts.

5. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Re: Post pregnancy recipes

Hi,

I dont know abt kannadigas recipes but u can try to take more fruits, less spicy,oily foods and avoid all gassy items. as all this would affect the baby if ur breastfeeding.
    better to take simple foods, moong dhal based foods, veggies like squash,ridgegourd,bottle gourd etc.
    fenugreek,milk, oats, almonds etc help in milk increase.drink more water.

Priya

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Tammana;
    I am a keralite. So not aware of Kannadiga recipe. I will tell you what I did 9 months back
    1. Do indulge in "gondh ki laddu". It is good for post pregnancy body.
    2. Then take all the things that priya mentioned below.
    3. Plus use a lot of garlic in cooking. Garlic is good for milk supply.
    4. My mom use to give me rice sauted with shallots and turmeric with a dab of ghee. In kerala it is said that it is good for healing the internal wounds.
    5. Keralites take Jeerakarishtam and Dashamularishtam. It is good for the gas and related prob.
    6. Take complete bed rest atleast till 56th day. Don't strain your eyes too much.
    - Nitha

7. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi NithaJ

what is Jeerakarishtam and Dashamularishtam?
    Is it jeera water? or something else.

Thanks
    Priya.

8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

9. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Re: Performing Namakarana ritual in US

Hi Starshine,
    Even we performed punniyavachanam and Namakaranam for my baby at the 16th day with a priest @ home.
    I think some temple come to home and do it...and in a few other temples, we need to go to the temple and perform the pooja there.
    All the things necessary for the pooja, the priest itself brought it to our house, except for things like rice, fruits etc...that we ourselves can get....

10. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

hi tammana,

congrats on ur pregnency. so when is ur due date.
    first of all starting 1st 3 months be very careful not to eat to much heat producing substances like papaya, pineapple ,dates ,sugarcanejuice and so on.

always keep a track on consuming good diet.
    after 7th month of ur pregnency take saffron with milk at night times. do take warm water b4 going to bed ,coz after delivery we are supposed to drink hot /warm water depending upon the weather , so make a habbit of it from now itself.

after my first delivery my mother gave me only coffee/milk and bread , rava ganjee for first 3 days as i had c-section. on third day nicely boiled rice with moongdal rasam seasoned with garlic &pepper. i used to have all 4 times a day milk.
    fruits - only apple and chikko were the only fruits given for 3months.
    vegetables - sabsige soppu , onion( hardly seen with rice upma), drumstick leaves,

dry coconut , red chilli, jeera, pepper ,ghee ,jaggery, methi and garlic is used in all the cooking.
    after taking bath my grandmom use to tie a cotton saree around my tummy ,so that i can loose tummy fat.
    follow this strictly for atleast one month and take rest as much as possible