Slokam -for a home of your own/ buy a plot

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by mssunitha2001, Jan 30, 2009.

1. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Hi alivelu

I dont know when exactly i will be able to do that.....but i will try doing that ......at the earliest possible....ok

but i think it is quite easy to pronounce the words.....

in the meanwhile.......friends here in IL:coffee..... ........can you help regarding this recording which alivelu has requested....:)

-regards
    sunitha

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Sunitha,
    I want to help in this but i do not want to do it since iam not too sure of the pronounciation. I have requested a couple of seniors to obtain the meaning of this shloka. If i get that then,i can do the shloka uploading.
    Hope someone here helps in this soon..................

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Couple of steps that helped me buy a good house in a good locality.

1) Please chant the Sri VishnuSahasranaamam Naamam,
    'OM KSHETRAGNYAAYA NAMAHA'
    (PLease check your SVS books for exact pronounciation)

2) Near Chennai, just outside Koyambedu is Porur Murugan Kovil. Pray to this Murugan that you should be able to buy a good house. After desire is attained, you have to go there, offer abhishekam, red vastram and archanai with a particular Thiruppugazh stanza. I will post the number of that stanza soon. If you can chant that Tiruppugazhl daily, it will strengthen the vow.

3) Reading the description of Ambaal's Chintaamani Gruham from Lalithambaal Shobhanam also is a powerful catalyst.

I prayed to Porur Murugan to help me buy a small flat in the outskirts of a particular city.He graced me to buy an independent house in a good residential area in that place. The finances, loans, legal transfer all worked out smothly by His Grace.I am yet to do the poojais that I owe Him.

Goodluck! I am sure all of you will buy good houses full of positive chi.

4. mssunitha2001

thank you so much geevee for your willingness to help IL friends....

may god bless us to make it happen for all our friends out here....

" SYONA PRITVI BAVAANRUKSHARA NIVECHANI
    YACHAANA SARMA SAPRADHAA "

-sunitha

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  5. mssunitha2001

:)Thank you so so much vidya......

its really a very useful information for all of us here......:thumbsup

-regards
    sunitha

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Vidya,Sunitha for all the help.
    After receiving your Thiruppugazh stanza,i want to chant that also & take the vow of visiting the Porur murugan temple & offer the pooja prescribed by you.Please do give that slokam soon.

7. tru1

tru1 Senior IL'ite

Thank you for this mantra.

8. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

Can anyone give me Porur Murugan Koil address?I asked Vidya ..I hope she is trying to get that for me...

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sssaustin,

And you hope right! I am trying to confirm from a second source that both Porur and Thiruporur are the same. Already, our contact in Thiruchendoor said they are the same (temple outside Chennai). It is Porur Balamurugan temple.

I will get the exact lines of Antharpadi Kudiyera by Wednesday. I do not want to give it here from my memory. If by Wed, I dont get the lines or number of stanza, I will post here.

10. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidya & Sssaustin,

I wanted to say some info which could be useful to you.

Porur and Thiruporur are different.

Here is the info related to Thiruporur.I got it from Internet.

Thiruporur:

Temples built by sages and seers are always of special importance. That too if 'yanthrams' are established in these temples then a unique effect can be felt in such temples. ('Yanthrams' are copper plates with mystical diagrams drawn on them) About 300 hundred years ago Chidambaram Swamigal, an ascetic, pleaded to Lord Muruga for the well being of the entire world. All his prayers were compiled together and is called as the 'Thiruporur sannithi murai', which comprises the extract of the Vedas, scriptures and sastras. History states that he had built the Thiruporur Kandaswami temple about 300 years ago.

[​IMG]Chidambaram Swamigal was actually a very proud person. He was tamed by a saint, Kumaradevar. When Swamigal was doing a penance in the Madurai Meenakshi temple, the Goddess came in his vision and ordered him to go to Thiruporur and build a temple for Muruga. Accordingly Swamigal went to Thiruporur and searched for an idol of Muruga, but his efforts were in vain. Later on when an old man pointed his finger in one particular spot, Swamigal was overwhelmed to see an idol of Lord Muruga along with His consorts, Valli and Devasena. He also had the vision of the temple's outline. He started building the temple for the seventh time, since the first six constructions got dilapidated when he was hunting for an idol.

He installed two chakras, one in the sanctum sanctorum and the next on a platform in an exclusive sanctum sanctorum. Daily poojas are conducted for these chakras. And in the second one images of Vinayaka. Muruga, Valli, Devasena and various other gods have been engraved. It is believed that any prayers to this chakra will be heard. A rare vibration can be felt while we are in the sannidhi, which is believed to be due to the power of the chakra. Chidambaram Swamigal is believed to have stayed in this temple from the year 1645-1659 and involved himself in the temple activities.

This temple attracts lots of devotees during days of Visakam, Krithigai and Thiruvaathirai and on sashti. The 'Soorasamhara' festival, the day on which Lord Muruga slayed the asura Soorapadman, is celebrated with great fervor. Apart from this, the spring festival (from mid April to mid May) and the Navarathri festival (during September and October) are also celebrated with great pomp and splendor. Worshipping Kandaswami of this place is believed to be as effective as worshipping Lord Muruga in 'aarupadai veedu'. Once when daughter of Nawab of Arcot was suffering from severe stomachache the Nawab's friends prayed to Kandaswami of Thiruporur for her speedy recovery and she got relieved of her ailment. So the Nawab gifted some lands to the temple

[​IMG]

How did the place get the name Porur?
    Legend has it that Lord Muruga fought with Thaaraga in this place and slayed him. Hence the name Porur. 'Por' in Tamil means war. Stone inscriptions state the names as 'Samarapuri' and 'Yudhapuri', which are synonymous. When Lord Muruga's spear pierced the earth, water came gushing out and that is the 'Vallaiyaar odai', the holy tank.

Special Features
    Lord Muruga is seen astride Irawath, the divine elephant gifted by Indra while He was fighting with Thaaragan. A number beautiful bronze idols can be seen in this temple. Abishekams are not done for the tall deity and for the idol founded by Chidambaram Swamigal. All the offerings are made to the smaller idol. The daily pooja routine involves strict practices and only a few priests are permitted. This shrine is indeed very special for Lord Shiva as He lives along with His family in this shrine. Lord Shiva is called as Vanmeega Nathar and the Goddess is Punniyakaarani. The holy tree of this place is the Vanni tree. Pictures depicting the life of Chidambaram Swamigal can be seen in the temple.

Here is a link to one of the posts in IL related to Thiruporur temple landmark and route details.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/temples-and-deities/40523-route-to-thiruporur-murugan-temple.html

Porur:

This is located near poonamalle(Aroung 20 kms from Airport).

Hope this clarifies your questions.

Please feel free to ping me if you require more details.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009