Software Testing classes

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by geetha123, Jan 13, 2009.

1. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I'm planning to do software testing classes. Could anybody tell me, which centre is conducting good quality classes in Chennai ?

Thanks.
    Geetha

2. senorita2007

senorita2007 New IL'ite

Softsmith is T.nagar is very good. its opposite Mustafa jewellery

3. vestavijay

vestavijay Senior IL'ite

hi stc technologies is the leading testing centre,

4. rajinigandhap

rajinigandhap Senior IL'ite

hi geetha,

I am a Test Engineer working in software company.I know my friend she is taking software testing classes online .she is recently resigned from job .she need to take care of her children.she has a 8 years experience in software testing.If you are intrested i will give you her mail id.

Thanks
    Rajini

5. kalpanareddy

kalpanareddy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rajini me too working as a software tester(manual) did she have any automation knowledge....if so i'm interested........

6. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Hello girls,

Can anyone of you explain what is testing all about? Sorry for being so ignorant, but I really want to know more about it as I have heard from lots of people that even non-IT people can do it. I am in US on H4 but would be visiting India soon and want to do some courses during my India stay. I read at a lot of places that testing can give some job skills .

Please help me understand more about it and whether I being totally non IT person with no job experience can do it? Thanks

7. vava76

vava76 New IL'ite

Hi Rajini,
    Im looking for a software testing online class. Just curious, still your friend is giving classes online? could you pass her info?
    Thanks,
    Vava
    hi geetha,

I am a Test Engineer working in software company.I know my friend she is taking software testing classes online .she is recently resigned from job .she need to take care of her children.she has a 8 years experience in software testing.If you are intrested i will give you her mail id.

Thanks
    Rajini ​

8. mith

mith New IL'ite

Yes i too agree softsmith is a gud institute

9. sweety143pillu

sweety143pillu New IL'ite

Hey deepshikha,
    Software testing is a process which is carried out simultaneously with coding.Its objective is to find out bugs from the code .Sometime you should fix bugs or if they are severe then you should report to developer to fix them.Its QA job.For that you should understand clients requirements.You have to track the progress of project ,whether its according to requirements or not...
    For this you dont require to have hands on any software languages.Person from any background can do this.There are two types-manual testing and automation testing.For manual testing you should know protocol and have analytical skills and excel knowledge.
    Ha ,for automation testing there are some automation tools and for this you should know software languages.
    So you can learn manual testing for sure without any software exposer.
    So go ahead..There are many online courses .

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011