1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rashes in thigh

Discussion in 'Infants' started by aniashok, Mar 19, 2009.

1. aniashok

aniashok New IL'ite

Hi,

These my daughter(5 month old) s facing many problems beacuse of heat. (Summer has started!!) She has got rashes in folds of skin that too particularly in thighs. I am applying coconutoil. Is there any other treatment for this?

Regards
    Ani

2. savideva

savideva New IL'ite

Hi,
    May be my suggestion is oldfashioned, but stop using diapers and start using cloth nappies; you'll find a vast difference. Applying talcum powder in the folds of thighs is also advisable. After each nappy change apply powder liberally; this will prevent rashes.:idea

3. booboo

booboo Senior IL'ite

Yes you can use cotton nappies and also try calamol lotion. Calamol lotion is best for this and also has a cooling effect

Uma

4. deepasriganesh

deepasriganesh Senior IL'ite

hi ani,

did u introduce any new solid/liquid food to ur kid recently? if yes, u stop that food and check whether the rashes disappear gradually. Or else, if it just the heat rashes, then as 'booboo' mentioned, u can apply calamine lotion, by dipping it in cotton on the affected areas.

-Deepa

5. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

If you are using disposables on her, please ensure you let her go without diaper for a day or two. Apply coconut oil liberally and frequently throughout the day and let it air dry. If it is just redness, it will resolve with this treatment. If it has any blisters or if it looks worse, it is better to check wtih the paed.

Do not apply talcum powder, it will only make the problem worse. Powder will dry up the skin more. If baby is on disposables on a daily basis, always ensure that you give her at least half-an-hour "air time" twice a day with coconut oil on (it should air dry). Doing this on a daily basis will help prevent any rash.

Radhee.

6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    stop using talcom.if talcom gets wet between skin fold due to sweat ,it creates rashes.even soap creates dryness.u can use milk on alternate days instead of soap.
    after bath,dry baby & use coconut oil between all skin folds.
    pragati

7. aniashok

aniashok New IL'ite

Hi Saideva & Booboo,

Thanks for ur reply.
    I am using diapers only at night. So I think rahses may be due to summer and not bcos of diaper. Anyway thanks for ur response.

Regards
    Ani

8. aniashok

aniashok New IL'ite

hi Deepa,

Its true that I introduced solid foods to her recently. But I dont know how come this is related to rashes. Can u please let me know more about this.

Regards
    Ani

9. aniashok

aniashok New IL'ite

Hi Radhee & Pragati,

I tried for coconut oil and rashes started disappearing.
    thanks for ur solution.

Regards
    Ani