1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

One a Day Multivitamin Tablets

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by uma321, Feb 14, 2009.

1. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILes,
    I'd like to send Multivitamin tablets to my parents and my in-laws.

I heard so much about one a day tablets. So thought of buying packs for them. Can you please suggest me which one do I need to buy? One a day women's or One a day women's 50+ advantage?

Also, can we buy these one a day tablets for men? Are they effective? Please let me know.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009

2. reservesquare

reservesquare New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been using multi vitamin tablets for me for the past 1 year and it is really very effective if you have each tablet per day. You can buy even one a day for men i heard it is also very good.

I thought of taking it to india and giving it to my parents and in-laws. It will be very good for them

3. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi reservesquare,
    Could you pls tell how was it effective to you, i mean how did u find it effective. because, i have heard some people say that have constipation when they use this. but i really wanted this to take to India for my sisters. can u pls help me,
    Thanks,
    Priya

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Can we ship them medicines to India? Is it legal? Please let me know.

5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hey Uma,

Am repeating my answer in this post too..

I guess you'll get the best reply from your local post office or an international courier service. Try asking them explaining your emergency.

But just to give you an idea, I have sent medicines between Japan and India and they are allowed as long as they are packed well and a proper prescription is attached. Also you can send them in strips or lose tablets in covers but NO bottles of any kind.

Hope that helps...

And priyamuthu,
    If the vitamin tablets have Iron, it can cause constipation or black stool that is hard to pass. That is common with any Ferrous(iron) supplement.