Who am I? - Part III

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Saraswathipv, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anbuselvi_05

anbuselvi_05 New IL'ite

Re: Who am I - Part 3

Dear all,

I am Anbuselvi age of 41, at present living in Sivakasi, Tamil nadu, India. Last 2 yrs stayed at Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with my husband and my daughter. Last may we all came back to India. My husband is a mechanical engineer and my daughter is studying 11th. I am a house wife. My hobbies are Cooking and reading.

warm regards,
    K.Anbuselvi.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
  2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Re: this is sucharita 4m gotenburg,sweden

Suchitra,

I see that you have already stepped into the relevant thread, Indian ladies in Gothenburg,Sweden. Hope you wll find some friends there. All the best :thumbsup

Bye

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hello Anbuselvi,

Welcome to Indusladies.
    Wow!! Good to have a member from "kutty japan " :). We would ,love to interact with you. Let us know about Tanzania too.

Do go through the forums and start making your posts. NewMemberGuide will help you understand the ways in our site better.

Have a nice time here :)

Bye

4. gowthamanappu

gowthamanappu Bronze IL'ite

One hallmark of a good community is how well members know and connect with each other. QUOTE

Please read the article published in The Hindu before reply to this question. u will really love and post properly.

best wishes/chitra.g

THE HINDU/RELIGION

Root of problems
    CHENNAI: The root of human problems has been traced to the ego (Ahamkara) and its twin Mamakara (possessiveness) which is responsible for attachment. Due to ignorance, instead of identifying himself with the eternal Self (Atman) within, man identifies with his body, mind and intellect, which are ephemeral in nature. This wrong association results in ego and attachment and becomes the cause of problems and also impedes spiritual progress.
    In her discourse, Dr. Sudha Seshayyan said Ramana Maharshi’s guidance to spiritual-seekers who sought him centred round self-enquiry to enable them to analyse the root of their mental conflicts. The method he adopted was unique in that he combined the traditional Vedantic teaching with new ways of spiritual instruction to suit individual requirements. The example of a youth who sought the Maharshi’s guidance is illustrative of his approach. This young man came to him totally confused by the various teachings he had imbibed and asked Ramana to tell him which path he should follow. The sage replied, “Follow the path from which you had come.” Crestfallen because he did not grasp the import his teaching, the youth went and sat among the audience. He thought perhaps he was not yet ready for liberation and hence the sage had not instructed him. Seeing his dejection, a devotee, who was familiar with the sage’s ways of teaching, asked him to repeat what he had asked the saint. The youth then repeated his question and he pointed to the word “I” in it and told him that the sage had only asked him to probe it and follow it to its source.
    It is necessary to understand that the “I” is the basis of even the day-to-day problems one encounters in worldly situations. The most common grievance that a person has is that no one appreciates his point of view. This feeling is because his ego is hurt and not because of the merit of his perspective. In every human interaction each one likes to establish that he is right and this naturally results in conflicts. It is educative if one sees that from the worldly to the spiritual level, and from the family to the societal level the “I” is invariably at the root of all problems.

5. uma149

uma149 New IL'ite

hi

Hi All

I am Uma and work for a IT company. Quite a religious person and u must have guessed wat attracted towards this site - posts on Slogas! but I can see wealth of information from other ends too.

A very very useful and informative site!

Thanks and Regards
    Uma

6. Gaurishiv

Gaurishiv New IL'ite

Hii everybody

My self is Gowri i was introduced here by my aunty after reading my journals in another sites,she told me to write here as all the ladies will enjoy ,who herself is writing here.But after coming here i am feeling very happy as one can get all the information we need as a lady,mother,wife etc.
    I have a young boy and homemaker at present,i love to make lot of friends ,like to read fiction and magzines and basically not very religious but want to raise my son with our ethics and culture,so here i am finding lot of infortave things..
    Thank u Tessa

thanks everybody

7. Jihan

Jihan New IL'ite

Hi Dears,

Am a new Joinee to this forum. Heard of this site thru my friends.
    Am a 24 yr female, married, having a 9 months old kid. Working in Software.

Hope i make more new friends with IndusLadies.

Thank You...

8. flightgirl

flightgirl New IL'ite

Its good when all can meet up here

Well, I am an aviation safety consultant and Career adviser. I would love to share my experiences and give advises to my forum fellows.

9. pushpavasuki

pushpavasuki Silver IL'ite

Rangoli

Hi friends,
    I compited in Rangoli competition held in my office and got first prize. Im attaching the picture of it. pls have a look.

Regards,
    Pushpavasuki

10. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

Re: Rangoli

hi,

see that u are new to this forum... WELCOME!! And i dont see any attachment of ur rangoli..... can u check it please?

raji

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.