1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dr.Preethi,

I consulted my dentist today. Dr has told me to keep the upper and lower teeth meet together by moving the lower jaw forward for couple of times..

He has suggested a Dental scaling first, then he will investigate the alignment and accrual ( I did not understand this:)-.). Then only he will be able to come to a conclusion on whether any clips are required or not. He also told me that the problem was not due to cavity filling. It was just that the front teeth have slightly pointing forward since last action :)- Have to buy this....

I am hoping that things would be better soon with little expense and pain than a long term procedure.

Next week, the second session is planned. Will update after that.

2. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

I had my dental scaling and polishing done today. Dr. adjusted the alignment little. Lots of enamel is removed....today. He has adviced me to remove the wisdom tooth ( :) :) - No more Wisdom for me ) for better results.

I have postponed the second action till it raises alarm.Pls do let me know what do you say..

3. hema_gladston

hema_gladston Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Dr Preethi

Hope going on fine. i was so busy in my work could not login. Hope the thread is going on fine

hem

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hey Hema,

Good to see you back :)...where were you so long?

5. ariesgirl

ariesgirl Guest

Hi DRPREETI

I recently visited dentist for checkup.She said that i had gum infection and gave treatment for the same.Yes my gums started bleeding long back,but i just ignored it.I visited her casually i i found out the problem.Anyways now my gums are fine.But the denstist said my teeth have become very brittle because of excessive brushing and suggested not to brush hard, Which i am following.Apart from that i have no other dental problem like cavites etc.

From two days i am feeling a little pain in my teeth.If i press my teeth against each other there is slight pains.IS it because of brittle teeth?

The densit said that my enamel is gone and there is no cure for enamel caoting as such.

So now my question is how do i take care of my brittle teeth.Is there anyway of making them strong again?i sometimes find it hard to chew hard eateries.Even my front teeth are painful while eating something hard.

Please Suggest............

Thanks

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

I have plaque build up in the lower front teeth & need to get it cleaned. Have a few cavities too.pls help me.

7. sonalipd

sonalipd New IL'ite

Hi
    This is about my daughter who is 6 1/2 yrs old. She has not yet got any permanent teeth nor has she lost any milk teeth> when does this start.Actually her friends have started loosing teeth Some have also lost 4 -5 .She gets teased in school for baby teeth.When will she start loosing teeth.
    Sonali

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Dear leela ,

So sorry for the delay in reply.. :) I had some problem opening the last page from my laptop.. wonder why bonk
    However, acrrual is nothing but making minor adjustments periodically. As I said if allignment change was due to gums then scaling will be done first and wait for the teeth to become healthier again.. Only if it is bone related will braces be necessary..However, get your wisdom tooth removed as erly as possible and do not wait for any alarm signs ! Trust me the sign will be too hard on you ! :)
    By the way, this advice comes from a zero-wisdom person who has all her four wisdom teeth out at one shot !! :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hey Hema ,

So glad to hear from you, babe ! :) Trust me I always feel guilty that I took your space away.. But you know Hema.. I just cant hold back when a Dental Q is asked ! I long to attend to them at the very minute. Some problem with me you thinkss ?? :)

How is your hubby's practice ? Convey my regards to him .. Please peek in once in a while atleast.. Dont stay away this long !

10. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Dear Ariesgirl,

If it is brittle teeth then, yes compression of the same can hurt. Your Dentist was right.. Enamel can never be replaced.. However.. if you have sensitivity then you could apply desensitisers or even a treatment called
    ' Bonding ' would help.. Your diet intake should include a lott of calcium and this could help teeth go healthy..
    By ' brittle ' do you mean the tooth chips off ? If yes, then it is not just because of brushing but also because of loss of enamel dues to two reasons - improper formation of enamel as a child or during growth , increased flouride intake during the growth of teeth which causes Flurosis. Did your Dentist mention anything as such ?