1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to solve this issue......with husband.....................

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by arasi999, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Indian men have not grow up at all and we women pamper their tempers. I did not know cooking before marriage and did usual cooking for many years. Then I resigned my job after my son's birth and mil passed away. It was 7 years by now after marriage. Then I learned to cook well by watching programmes in TV and my mother. This was out of interest. Now after 21 years, I know I can cook well. But sometimes, I too make blunders. My husband too complains a lot. I ask him to make at least one dish to my preference and then he keeps quite. Do an ernest job, give your 100%, in everything as well as in cooking. But it is not right on his part to hurt others also.Every one will have their own style ineverything and if he does not like it, he should have been polite at least. Or else it is best to consult a psychiatrist.
    But no body can cook like another person, not even like thier own mother. And one doesn's have to be.

2. jasminerule

jasminerule Junior IL'ite

I will have to disagree with some of the ladies in here saying that we should tell our husbands to cook for themselves if they don't like the food we cook. I feel this is unfair, think from the other perspective, what if they tell us to go to work and support the house if we don't like how they handle finance. It's like playing a ping-pong game. Marriage is a long process of learning each other likes and dislikes and try to compromise to keep harmony in the house. I still think that women should try or learn how to cook good food for our husbands and kids and the men should support the house financially. As for me, I am a working woman but still try to learn how to cook from my mother-in-law and continuously searching and learning new recipes for my husband and children. It brings me immense happiness when they like the food I cook for them and I do not look at women being a good cook as being a slave for our husbands.

It's just a beautiful
    part of being women. Why are we women think that being a good cook or try to compromise with our husbands as being slave or accused of forgetting "women's movement"......

I will recommend you to learn some of your husband favorite dishes from your sister-in-law and cook for him. By doing so does no't mean you are being less than him and spoiling him. I learn cooking from my in-laws all the time and I am very happy to do so. Try it.

3. chituapr

chituapr New IL'ite

Hi,

I had the same problem with my husband but he never used to have comments on everything I cook .. and he used to eat whatever I prepared..

When I got frustrated some times like there was a time he used to say I added more sugar to his coffee.. I tried all combinations, , after few trials I gave him a cup of sugar and spoon to help with sugar himself.. After 2 times he never complained about how much sugar I added...

He too is very cautious about the food he eats out.. he doesnt like oily stuff.. I outright say my husband doesnt have oily food.. makes situation easy for me .. even if he leaves it untouched...

4. AmritaPoorni

AmritaPoorni Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I also do agree with asuitable girl and many others that you should ask him to do cooking. tell him that you want to learn cooking from him. See how he cooks. if he cooks really tasty food hen you can learn from him else he will understand that how difficult is your situation.