holiday with infant..?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by titli, Dec 10, 2008.

1. titli

titli New IL'ite

hi ladies,
    we were planning to visit malaysia for abt a week. i don't know whether we shd go or not since we hv a 10 month old kid..
    pls share ur experience so that we can make a right decision..
    thanks
    titli

2. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

I think you should go. We traveled from US to India when our oldest was 9 mos. You may need to pack extra gear but it will be great. Pack enough diapers, clothes, food and cold medicine (just in case) for the trip. Have a safe journey!

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Titli,

I have to second Manaswini and say you should go! Just plan well - check the weather, pack all baby stuff in one bag so that it is easy for you to search. Keep all his clothes/diapers/formula/medicine (preventive) etc and pack another one for yourselves.

Coming to your question, yes we have travelled a lot (and I mean a lot), since my first one was 10 months old - to a lot of touristc destinations both in and out of the country for atleast a week to 10 days everytime. In my opinion, it is much easier to travel when the kids are younger.

So just pack up, go and have fun. You will be surprised how well your little one will adapt!

4. priyaprem

priyaprem Bronze IL'ite

Titli

As Srama and Manswini had rightly said, please go for the trip and just ensure all the baby's stuff are on hand including medicines just visit to ped before leaving.....to ensure everthing is ok ( i normally do that).....have great trip and share the experiences with us once u're ack would love to hear that...believe me it will be great fun...filled up with lots of excitement also especially when u travel with kids....Take care !!!

5. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

Go for it!

We toured with my 9 months old nephew through the South of France. It was no problem at all. As already suggested keep tall the baby stuff on hand.

Enjoy!

6. titli

titli New IL'ite

hi,
    thank you everybody for ur opinions..
    by reading all ur responses i got some confidence..
    thank you..
    titli