1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tlismi moti for teething?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Marisa, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

We've been using a Baltic amber necklace so that our baby has an easier time teething, but now I found about this tlismi moti, a mix of 5 metals, also good for teething. Does anyone know about it?

Here's a pic of the Baltic amber:

[​IMG]

and the tlismi moti:

[​IMG]

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Is that mother of pearl? I don't know about either of the things you talk about. They look awfully small and I'd be worried about choking hazard or if it breaks/chips and the baby swallows it. Hope other ILites can enlighten us...
    By the way, its been so long since you've been active on these baby forums... how are you doing? How's your baby? Have you gone back to work? Is your family there to help you?

-L.

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Never heard of it! How does it help?

Raj

4. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

I agree with lavanya..this looks dangerous to me too.what if the baby swallows something .
    U get v gud teething toys at stores or best is u can give ur baby hard biscuits (called rusk back in bangalore).

suji

5. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

Thanks for the replies! They're not for the baby to chew on, they go underneath the clothes. Baltic amber releases an oil in contact with warm skin that has calming properties. So the baby has an easier time teething. Personally, it just happened that the three times I removed the amber from my LO he had a really bad day teething-wise. So I can't help but believe! Same goes for my family, who at first were wary of this "jewelry" on my baby boy (and made fun of it, etc.) but after a few days they saw the change in my baby.The amber is double knotted in thick string to avoid problems.

I'm mostly happy to avoid teething tablets, biscuits and any kinds of medicine, so I thought it was a good idea. The tlismi moti is supposed to be something similar but from ayurveda.

Lavanya, thanks for your questions! We're doing fine thankfully, my parents have recently met the baby and I don't know what I will do once I'm back on my own! My LO is about a month behind yours, I bet things get even more fun! Have you started solids yet?

6. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

Hi Marisa
    The Tilismi Motis that I know of used to contain Mercury which as we all know is a very harmful metal. It interferes with the brain development of infants and toddlers. When we were young, I know that my mom and grandmom used to put the tilismi moti on our neck right when we started teething and our pead. always used to say that it has no medicinal/helpful value. You can even find Tilismi Moti's in indian stores in the US. I don't believe they do anything for teething, if you want you can try the soothing gel for babies (Orajel). with my dd I didn't do anything, just some teethers and baby biscuits... its a phase, and before you know it will be over...hope this helps..

7. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

Wow, I hadn't heard about the mercury, I haven't used it yet, I'm going to ask about the composition of the one I bought right away.

As far as I know, it's recommended by an OBGYN, Dr Gowri Motha.

8. pritij

pritij New IL'ite

Tlismi moti is a small pendant made of combination of five metals in fixed proportion. It is used by me as well which I ordered online at Tilasmi Moti. Tilasmi Moti,happy and painless teething,tlismi Moti,Tlismi Moti,happy teething,baby teething,tilsmi moti,tilismi moti for teething, tilasmi moti for teething | Tilasmi Moti,happy and painless teething,tlismi Moti,Tlismi Moti,happy teet. Its results are as good as it can be. I am really happy that my son, who is 22 months now, never became fussy or sick due to teething.
    You can see tlismi moti in the photo below.

[​IMG]