Lost my first baby within 2 hours of c section

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by baggys, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Baggys
    It is truly very sad to hear your news. Like others have said here you need to keep consulting with your doctor to assist in recovery.
    This is a joint loss for your family so remember to address that as well.
    Above all do take care of your health.
    Our prayers for you and your family.

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Baggys,

I really don't know what words exactly with comfort you. When i read your post i felt very down because i had same experience 3yrs back.

Same girl baby, emergency c-section..lost mybaby within5days joining her in ICU...i saw her just only once on the 5th day of my discharge.

As her heart beat got done, they planned c-section for me also..but weight (3.8kgs)and everything were normal.Every checkup doctor says that everything is perfect....i was full term even.....

Only reason doctor said was baby has drunk more water, which has damaged her brain cells for me.....it took very long time for us to digest....even now i cry some times...

I pray god to give you physical and mental strength....soon your angel will come again to your family....I got my angel back this august(3months)....after 3yrs of prayers and worries....

Take care of your health.

3. sunj

sunj New IL'ite

Hi dear,

I know no words can console you. I want to share something that happened to my friend(collegue). She was pregnant with twin girls and suddenly she was in labor in 8th month and went into normal delivery. The kids were about 1.7 and 1.9 kg, after 2 days both baby didn;t survive. She was in utmost loss and there was no words to console her. She took a break from work and after a year blessed again with another girl.

I will keep you in my prayers dear, don;t worry you will be blessed soon with another baby.

4. Sansub

Sansub Bronze IL'ite

Hi Baggys

Very sorry for your loss.Will definitely pray for you.May you be blessed with a little one very soon!

Regards
    Sandy

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  5. kavitasenthil

kavitasenthil New IL'ite

Hi Baggy,

Feel very sorry for what happened. I can relate to you since I went through the same experience. I was 6 months pregnant in oct2004, my doc told everything was absolutely fine in every checkup I went. the baby movement was fine, the weight gain was good. But I was somehow I was not comfortable with the doc, since she kept forgeting details about me. I searched lot of docs before I met my current gynecologist through a friend. The first thing my new doc asked if I had taken a scan, which was negative, since my old doc followed the old school of thought.

I got she shocking news when I went for scan, that baby's spinal cord was deformed n its better to go for abortion. I got this news a day before my birthday. was shattered, but for the best of the baby n us we went for abortion. The experience was terrible n never can forget in my whole life. Was in labor for 54 hours, all alone in labour ward most of the time, crying in pain. My doc showed me the baby when it was born, it was alive and my doc's dignosis were correct.

Went for various genetic test, even though me n my husband didn't have any history in our families. Can you guess what was the reason for this biggest loss of my life ? - Folic acid deficiency. My first doc never prescribed folic acid throughout the term. I am Post graduate for a reknown college, if educated people like me can undergo such trauma due to docs negligence, jus can't imagine the state of uneducated lower income women. Personally if I hadn't gone along with my intitution and changed my doc, today I might be undergoing the trauma of handling a hadicapped kid.

It took me 2 years to get out off the whole painful, unforgetful experience, but it was the best for the baby n us. I got pregnant again in 2006, keeping my thoughts positive. In Jan 2007, two weeks before the due date I had blood show, went immediately to doc, she told I was in labour and asked to get admitted in the hospital. When the doc came to see me in 2 hours time, she checked me n I saw something was wrong by the reaction on her face. She told me the baby's heart beat was erratic n it had passed motion inside, indicating baby distress. I needed to undergo emergency C-section immediately. In 20 mins time was wheeled to the OT. Till I got this info I was worried about the pain I have to go through, but all my thoughts were now focussed on the good health of the baby. When operated upon the cord was wound around the baby's neck n he had passed motion inside the womb. But thanks to doc's immediate action my son was born safely.

Now I have a naughty 2 year old whom I keep chasing 24/7.

Baggy, take care n indulge in something your passionate about, say some art or craft or music or take a long vacation or do whatever you love. God will bless you with a cute, health baby in the years to come.

love,
    kavita

6. molly

molly New IL'ite

Hi Baggy,
    I am very sorry for your loss.We will pray to God to give you strength to overcome this situation and to give a healthy baby soon.
    Take care,
    Molly.

7. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hi baggys..

very sorry to hear about your loss... you are there in in my prayers... do take care...

8. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

Dear Baggy,
    It is a hard time, but it will pass. Right now you need to take care of yourself. Your body is weak now.
    God bless.
    hugs,
    Cheerful.

9. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Hi baggys,
    I'm very sorry for the whole thing.Take care of your health which is very vital.Please dont ask the question 'why me'.Next time with the right medical advices it will be healthy baby.

damini

10. hemsat

hemsat New IL'ite

I am extremely sorry to hear about your loss.Don't worry..soon you will be blessed with a beautiful child..our prayers are with you!