1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

suggestion required: laser or stapler?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by radhikaraj, Mar 20, 2007.

1. radhikaraj

radhikaraj New IL'ite

Hi, my cousin suffers from piles problem. it is in the third stage it seems. Her doctor suggeted either laser or stapler. But she feels hesitant because stapler process is very new to the field and whether it might have any side effects. Also she does not know which to undergo. Kindly suggest the pros and cons of both and which is better. she needs the advice immediately and i turn towards our friends for advice.

2. radhikaraj

radhikaraj New IL'ite

Hi, ladies i just want to know whether anyone knows about these two proceedure. As i dont know much about medical treatments , i turned towards you. Do you know anything about laser treatment for piles. My cousin is very worried and agitated thinking of what to face. i want to help her. kindly mention what you know of laser?

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Radhika,

Looks like our members do not have any first hand experience , otherwise am sure someone would have replied to you by now. Ask you friend to talk to the doctor and find out the pros and cons for both. Also she can check out the internet for information. I did find a whole bunch of information for both procedures.

But since i do not have any first hand knowledge, i am unable to give my opinion. From what i read, the stapler procedure seems to be safe too and also i read that the recovery time is much less than the usual procedures. I feel she has to open out to her doc, or get second opinion from another doc about the same.

Hope this helps. All the best to your friend for her procedure.

Vandhana

4. radhikaraj

radhikaraj New IL'ite

Hello, Vandhana thanks for your reply. I will search the net for the info. bye.