Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visalamkrishnan

visalamkrishnan Silver IL'ite

Dearest Mami,:bowdown:bowdown
    Now it is just 12.01. i want to be the first one to wish you
    HAPPY DEEPAVALI TO YOU AND YOUR DEARS..
    My Badam katli has come out soooooooooooooo well.BowBow But i made only with 100grm powder. I did just the same what you have have given in recipe.:banana. I prepared rava laddu, Apple oats halwa.( just for me)MW Thirattipal ..... and Ribbon pakoda:crazy........ romba romba nana erukku sooooooooooooooo tasty and yummy.
    this year very very simple.......
    thanks a million for your delocious .......... new new....... mouthwatering recipe's
    namaskarams to you and Mama.
    v.k.

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Re: This one is better than our chaklis, dont u agree??

No option..so, pls believe and had a guest. So, thought of doing this benefit of service to him too!!! Now, getting ready to walk in the treadmill to burn my calories out!!!

Thanks for the wishes.

Rama.

3. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

HI NS
    Wish you and yr family a very HAPPY DIWALI.:bowdown

I made potato podimas.It turned out super.Thanks for giving me the recipe so fast.It was a simple yet tasty recipe.Like you said,even I prefer the way you have given.I too don't like adding ginger green chilli.

4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mami,

Here it is. I also kept a ladle on top so you get a sense of the size. There is a temperature control device that can be plugged in at the side - that is what you use to set the temperature, and the temperature will be maintained evenly throughout the griddle. It cost about $50. I bought it from a store called Kohl's.

Happy Deepavali to you and your family, Mami.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  5. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Wish you and your family a very HAPPY DEEPAVALI from all of us here.

I made the following bakshanams Chitra and all came out superb.

Kara thenkuzal-very crispy and very tasty.I followed all your tips and it was all worth it.I am safe since I have made quite a lot and we can enjoy it thoroughly.

3 in 1 thattai- in the beginning it started puffing up like puris then I had to prick it with a fork.Came out like traditional thattais.

Carrot burfi-color looks gorgeous,with minimum coconut and more carrot in it still tastes like coconut burfi. The measurements were perfect not too sweet.

Boondi laddu-this is my all time favourite,but was always apprehensive about getting the shape.This time I boldly went ahead and tried it.I got perfect balls following your tips.Thanks Chitra for all your recipes and making this a wonderful Deepavali. Take care and see you again.
    With love,

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Chithumma, My Dear Adharsha Mangai,

Wish you and family a very happy and prosperous Diwali...

I prepared two sweets.

Ashoka Halwa; turned out to be excellent. I added red food color.

Besan Ladoo; this too was tasting heavenly. I used brown sugar as LO preferred that color when tasted in a friend's place. Managed to make balls with sprinkled milk. The powder was yellowish. But, the balls are on the brown side.

I didn't have the quantity of ghee which you mentioned in the recipe; a little less. Will it constitue to be the reason of lumps? But, I have seen my friend's Mom making besan ladoo with literally no ghee, yet very tasty. As you have said several times, it needs practice.

Mullu Thenkuzhal was the 'karam' . Just tried one batch and they were gone. Will post the picture when I go for the next batch.

Thanks for all the recipes. Thanks for being with me to succeed with BL.

Love,
    Your Picturesque.

Attached Files:

7. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today we had invited a family for lunch. I prepared the following items from your treasure trove and they turned out superb. I shall go in detail about the items prepared.

1. Creamy carrot soup - Absolutely creamy and delicous just as the name says. I added half milk and water. The soup was very enjable for the cold weather.

2. Gobi 65 - I made it as a starter along with soup. The colour was eye catchy and the taste was similar to the restaurent ones. Made a nice combo along with soup.

3. Brinj rice - I have prepared this for many get togethers and every time it turns out well. My guests enjoyed thoroughly and were very suprised to know that a pulao can be made this tasty with out onions and garlic.

4. Boondi raita - I prepared boondis following your recipe and made raita with it. This is the first time I am making raita with home made boondis. It was worth the effort. Absolutely crunchy and tasty.

5. Masala Poli - Was soft and tasty. I kneaded the dough in FP, the result was awesome.

6. Green Moong gravy - Made as a side dish for Masala Poli, made a perfect accompaniment for Poli. Yet another creamy gravy from your collections.

7. Thayir idlys - I made idlys in my mini idly thattu and garnished with boonid and coriander leaves.

I have made all the above mentioned recipes umpteen times before and each time they turn out well because of your perfect instructions. For dessert, I made rava kheer. This is the first time I am making and tasting rava kheer. It was very rich, creamy and thick. We thoroughly relished each and every spoon of it.

Please accept my sinceire thanks from the bottom of my heart for sharing such nice recipes.

Happy Diwali to you and your family.

Love and regards
    Priya

8. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.CV
    A very happy deepavali to you and your family and all the IL'ites.
    I dedicate my bakshanam to you for i'll be lost without your recipes.
    Kaaram is ribbon pakoda,vellai thenkuzhal and thattai.Sweets are gulobjamoon,boondhi laddu,badham cake and thengai burfi.Everything came out perfect.

Love
    SuBa.

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    I feel very very happy for you, believe me!!
    Yes, in Madurai we make bajji for breakfast! You make me nostalgic!!
    Happy deepavali to you & yours.
    diyas6.jpg
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear VK,
    I now realise in my life that love can be SOOOOOOOOOOBOUNTIFUL!!I am paricularly happy about the badham katli success. I gave you the recipe, without having tried it! So, you beat me in success with that!!
    Happy deepavali to you & yours.

diyas7.jpg
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.