1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 13

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 5, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My dear daughters, GFs and ILites,

Once again I am standing before you with a sheepish smile seeking your indulgence for the delay in responding to your fb.

I have committed to deliver the final episode on Thursday which now seems to be a tall order for me.

Today after more than nine hours work, half of them outside my office in a bank premises, I have been sitting before my system for the past two and a half hours for the final episode.

I have been reading every word, every letter and every punctuation mark that has been written in this thread. Some of your posts have moved me to tears. But right now I can't give a reply to you.

I have been forced to choose the lesser of two sins - one to delay responding to your fb and two, to delay posting the 14th episode. For a while I stepped into your shoes and thought. I have decided to commit the first sin so that I don't commit the second. Hope you are with me on this.

I will have to write two epilogues for this episode. You will know the reason on Thursday.

love,
    sridhar

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

We are all with you!Waiting with bated breath for the D day when Arun and Vidhya get wedded! Vijaya dashami! What a wonderful day to have been chosen for the beautiful moment! Victory indeed! Victory of Love! Victory of Humanity! Victory of Sridhar the great in winning our hearts!
    Love,
    Malathi

3. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dearest SB ,
    It goes without saying that you are cho... chweet !
    – vidya’s words just squeezed my heart ! I’m more anxious about Arun-Vidya’s meeting than vidya herself !

Kumar was talking gently to Vidya.
    . – true - whatever we fear is sure to happen by the power of universe .
    மனதில் உறுதி வேண்டும்
    வாக்கினிலே இனிமை வேண்டும்
    நினைவு நல்லது வேண்டும் - என்று பாரதி சொன்னது இதனால்தானோ ?

– what other proof needs ? they are made for each other couple who has the same wave length & thought process !

shall we Sridhar ? You have no other choice than to say “ double ok ! “ Big Laugh:crazy( pl. note down the underlined words too ! )

Sethuramalingam – so kind of him ! His fatherly affection flows like anything - for Arun !

I can visualize Maddy winking at Prithviraj ! We’ ll have a separate session for casting artisits ! My strong vote is for the above two !

– I felt like shouting “ Arun … you & your most dearest vidya are going to live a heaven-like life there , man ! …” –I controlled myself with great difficulty as Naren did !

. – wow … Sridhar ! How can you bring out the emotions of a woman so naturally ? Either you should have born as a female in your previous birth & reminded of her feelings or you should have learnt the art of mind – reading ! Or else this kind of excellence is not possible at all !
    “Holding Ambuja’s hands, my foot! Had you done that I would have killed you both on the spot.” – typical possessiveness of a female( of course male too have that quality in abundance !Big LaughBig Laugh) is seen in her comment !

. – thavippin ellai ! Poor vidya !

– a sob from me too ! Oh...What would have been the plight of vidya dear ?! ?
    – I felt as though I had a grand buffet lunch at Taj Retreat , had a nice shower at kutraalam , had captured the beauties of Switzerland , somebody pouring lots of flowers over my head …. in short I experienced whatever the two loving souls would have experienced ! Thanks to you , SB – for that lovely meet !
    Can’t wait for more than 2 days to witness the ( subha ) ending !
    Lots & lots of love , SB !
    Indhu.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  4. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

My dear SriPa,

Thats Ok...

Good that you chose not to delay the 14th episode. So, double Ok...

Love,
    Your dear DD.

5. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dearmost Sridhar

Better Late than never and i know its a excuse for coming in late... Myself and Arun read this together and i took intervals to post my feelings,rather our mixed feelings...It was a feast to my eyes just reading the first two episodes so thought of bursting out right away...I have read hundreds of books on love and affection but this form you have protrayed touched my heart solely because of the selfless love in your characters and the real YOU Sridhar.Vidya,Kamla, Kumar, the moment they indulged their affections, i felt like the the earth was metamorphosed and there was no winter and no night and above all, all tragedies, all ennuis, vanish and truly all duties were even.
    "He directed the blessings to Vidya and Arun. (felt like the real ME prostrating at Kumar's feet..I stole Arun's words here"
    Kumar repeated the mantra 107 times in his mind and for the 108th time he said the words aloud. He should have learnt the correct intonation and modulation from the audio rendering of the Vedic mantra.
    When his bass voice echoed against the walls of the room tears started flowing even from Kamla’s closed eyes.
    They were not mere words; having been uttered several millions of times over several thousands of years they had become powerful pesticides capable of perfectly annihilating the pests of negative thoughts within a ten-mile radius.
    "They were not mere words; having been uttered several millions of times over several thousands of years they had become powerful pesticides capable of perfectly annihilating the pests of negative thoughts within a ten-mile radius."
    Heart throbbing expressions Sridhar..Loved your prayers for the one and all and you have proved once again your good heart Dad...I am doubly happy to be the daughter and your heroine...Well let me carry on with the rest of the episodes now....
    Before i proceed, i too love to have lime rice and Curd rice with a tinge of avakkai..You rock Sridhar....

Part4:This part showed the inner beauty ofour dear heroine..She is one expressive and lovable..Arun is truly lucky....I almost felt like watching a movie..My DH was asking me if i am really this expressive in my true life..You know what Sridhar, may be - may be NOT.....Your writing was too great for words.....

Part5&6: Sridhar, i thought our Kumar's family was an embodiment of love but now there is Naren's family..Wish such people are around me..So truthful to heart..I have always loved Naren for his charisma and leadership but now you have showed where he inherited it from..Lovely Sridhar..A friend in need is a friend in deed..This is very apt here right!!!!!!!!

Part7:Sridhar wonderful..How grippy and touching.......

Part8&9:My dear Arun is no wonder great!!!!!!!!His conversation with karthik and that of karthik's reciprocation were impeccable..

Part10&11
    Sridhar, you are cho chweet and so is Naren for all his time

Part12:
    Sridhar, you reminded me and Arun of our good old days when we shared such great moments.."At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet"..Sridhar you really sound like a poet in this episode...

Part rest....

Sridhar, Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Ain't that so true....Very beautiful Sridhar..The 14 parts of this episode were really hertfelt and i felt mine and Arun's real presence throughout..Ok Arun froze, now what next.....

You are all set and ready for the Kanyadhanam!!!!!!!!!!!Myself and Arun will be ready too for Thursday is my Star birthday!!!!!!!!!

Arun and me enjoyed the complete episode and it was a real pleasure to read it together...

With loads of love
    Your daughter Vidya

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friend Sridhar,

At last, I read all the 13 episodes of ALS and am up to date on this saga of love!

Yes, I read All of them, starting from the first episode. It has been more than five weeks of absence and my five weeks were also emotional ridden and very significant. Hence I decided to refresh my memory and in these last two days, every spare minute I had was filled with episodes of ALS. And must add, it indeed was a good thing because reading ALS was like a study into the different facets of Love and who cannot get drunk on that ambrosia?!

At the beginning, the intention behind reading was to please and humor a dear friend who has put so much of his precious time and valuable imagination in creating this fable of love for his dear ILites. But as I started reading, what drove me was the gripping tale that unfolded before my eyes. Those larger than life characters, each out beating the other in their nobility, pure selfless love and simple goodness robbed my heart. A great work of fiction Sridhar, you have outdone yourself, if I may say so.

I may not be able to quote the words or mention particular scenes, but the whole serial till now was a joy ride and touched my heart and emotions. Where do these people live? I want to live amidst them, I want them for my friends and I want to interact with them and the likes of them say in and day out!

I know, you have done me a great honor by naming your most adorable character as ' Kamla'. I am now dumbfounded. Why? Why did you think that I was anywhere near to Kamla in her sweetness and generosity? In a way, it was good that you did not meet me this time round!! You might have been disillusioned??;) Now, I have to clean my rough edges (and eat walnut burfi I guess??!) and pour more sweetness into my being to even aspire to get somewhere close to your Kamla...tall order by any means!!!

Your Kamla is one fortunate woman. I agree that my Kumar is no less of a gentleman, that has been repeatedly dinned into me by my family(!!) and everyone who knows him certify him as a sweet person. But the Kumar in your ALS is simply too good--what with whiskey and vedanta packed into one?!! And yes, I want young Arun and Naren in my life!! With such charmers around me, I too can beat any hurdles with a wave of a feather!!!

I must admit with regret that I was not able to read all the fbs, which is what makes your serials all the more fascinating--And this is not to undermine your writings, please! But reading all of that would have taken the whole of two days and I was too much involved in the story to deviate from it. I did glance through the fbs here and there and realised that your family has grown by three or four folds in the last four weeks!! Did not know that you and Indhu had become manifolds parents and also grandparents I guess?! I gained One sil, but you seemed to have beaten me black and blue in this race :))))

Also, looks like you have met with many successful turns in your writer's career. Congratulations are more than overdue. I am very very happy for you and may God Bless you with many more accolades.

Talking of Him/Her, I loved the way you have interspersed your story telling with many stories from our own Heritage. That gives the serial its own grace and shows the touch of your genius. Loved the way Kamla and Kumar chanted the vedic verse a 107 times to ward off any evil that might affect their beloved Vidya and Arun. After all, is that not what all of us do for our children, pray to God for their protection? Besides, I got to learn something new from you.

I thought the 10th Episode was written excellently. Loved the way the crisis of Kamla was handled. Simply loved the way you brought in the Narasimha avatar there and the way you drew the parallel showing the eradication of evil forces...brilliant.

All in all, this story simply gels with us, the ILites and all those who think like us. So much love and nobility may be a dream to all of us in real life, but who would not want to taste it even if it is only in fiction...a fiction created by a person who has won the hearts of all the ILites?! I too am in love with Arun, Vidya, Kamla, Kumar, Marimuthu, the father, Sethuramalingam and Naren....O yes, Naren......Do you think he could marry Ritu? They would make a cute pair too Sridhar!

There is much more I could write as so many thoughts went through my mind as I read ALS. But this is all I could for now. Like everyone here, I am now waiting for the final episode and am sure to enjoy another wonderful marriage in all its glory--and this time round, I can just sit back and be a guest :)) Easy!

Reading ALS was a sure treat indeed.

L, Kamla

7. varalotti

My dear daughters, gfs and most gracious ILites,

It was three hours of non-stop writing yesterday night.(Thanks Indhu for putting up with me) and two hours of writing this morning (I had to sacrifice my usual badminton game; should remember to sacrifice a corresponding number of calories from my food - but compared to the happiness of writing ALS 14 the culminating episode, these sacrifices are mere "jujube") and at last I now have a 6500 word long(the longest so far) episode.
    I first wanted to stand up and shout "I did it." Then realised that nothing could be farther from the truth. When so many daughters, gfs and concerned friends constantly praying for me how can I not do it, dears? So let me tell you all, "You did it."

With HER blessings, (is not tomorrow HER special day) I'll post ALS 14 tomorrow along with two epilogues. Will try to do it in the morning itself.

Once again please bear with me for the delay in responding to your fb. The fb did have a major role in my writing. Yesterday when I was stuck up with the last episode I opened the thread, read the fb, regained my strength and went back to writing.
    Today morning I hit another block with the climax scene. I did not know what to do. I thought of abandoning writing and go out for a fast game of badminton. Then I opened the thread and found fb from two of the characters in the story. It looked as if my heroine and my favourite charcter Kamla were talking to me.
    I went back to the story and in another fifteen minutes could finish the episode.
    A special welcome to my dear, dear friend Kamla. You should have read the scene in which a tired Arun gets radiance in his face when he sees Dr.Kamla at the Singapore Airport. Believe me, my dear friend, my happiness on seeing your fb was no less.
    Will respond to the fb soon.
    Love,
    sridhar

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear sridhar sir,
    i have been reading the last few episodes from yesterday and was thrilled with episode 13......thank god u applied the brakes after Arun saw Vidya and not before that........I know everyone is waiting impatiently for the grand finale but atleast it is with a happy contended feeling..........must confess that this episode had me sitting on the edge of my chair hoping that nothing would prevent aruns meeting with Vidya...in short prayed for aruns safe arrival..I am glad i finished it today..... now unlike the others i have to wait for only one day haha...all the very best sir..it has been an amazing Serial keeping your readers enthralled from the beginning to the very end...thanks a ton...
    love
    Mindi

9. varalotti

My Dear DD,
    How can a Dad not address his daughters? Hearing about lemon and curd rice, Lalitha started to think they are my favourites. I like them too. On many days I have survived on them.

But the point here is that Vidya fell in love with those ordinary food items simply because they were the only ones she ate along with Arun. It's more an expression of her love for Arun than expressing her food preferences.

Kumar is a storehouse of positive energy simply because his mind is full of love. You are right with such persons around nothing can go wrong. Our forefathers realised this wonderful truth that's why we have the poetic lines
    நல்லார் ஒருவர் உளரேல் அவர் பொருட்டு எல்லோருக்கும் பெய்யும் மழை.
    Writing that scene was a blessing for me. For I got to know the meaning of that oft-repeated Veda Mantra. It's part of Sri Sooktham pala sruthi.
    We are going to see more about Vidya's plans and what happened to them in the next episode.

What more happiness can a father have than listening to such words from his daughter?

He has more role to play in the next episode.

The sweetest part of togetherness in love is to remember what the lovers spoke when they were apart. That's why I introduced that scene. And that would have removed all doubts in Vidya's heart about Ambuja.

I know. How can I not know? By that time my DD's masterpiece was being acknowledged by IL.

Episode 13 itself was 5000 plus words. the first draft of Episode 14 is 6500 words plus. I don't want to inflict my writings on you. 12000 words is by itself the size of a small novel.
    Just wait for a few more hours, DD. The final episode will be served.
    love,
    Your SriPa

10. varalotti

Hi Sona,
    thanks. Just wait till tomorrow morning. You will know the whole story.
    BTW are you coming for the ILites Meet on 11th October at Bangalore?
    love,
    sridhar