1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Paintings : Different Types of Paintings:: Queries

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by Vidya24, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Sushma

Sushma New IL'ite

Paintings :Mural and Faux Painting

In several places I find Mural Painting and Faux Painting used side by side. Does anyone know the difference between these two types of painting?

2. Maya Dinesh

Maya Dinesh New IL'ite

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  3. imagination

imagination New IL'ite

Glass Paintings : Suggestions for pricing the work

HI,

I am planning to sale my glass painting but i hv no idea, how to sale it & where to make contacts & how to price?

Plz any one help me..

4. ANI27

ANI27 Silver IL'ite

mural work

what is mural work wat are the materials need and wat is the steps to do....................:cheers.........

5. srividhar

srividhar New IL'ite

reg glass painting!!

hi All,

Can u pls let me know what brand of paint u use for glass painting.I keep trying small small glass painting, though i have not learned glass painting from anyone.There are lots of bubbles which appear on the paint, and i have tried breaking them in every possible way but in vain.Also wouls appreciate a few tips on glass painting and some web site if there is one!!

Love,
    Sri.

6. nimurty

nimurty Gold IL'ite

Re: reg glass painting!!

hi,
    i have already posted abt glass painting procedure and varieties of glass paints v get pls chk the post i hope it will be use ful to you

for you--------
    glass painting is very easy.If you are going to do on clear glass just keep the pattern back of the clear glass stick it with tape and then put the glass liner for the out lines.dry it 24hrs.then with the colours fill the rest of the design,if u take glass kit they give colours in bottles,slowly fill the design with required colour,BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT U SHOULD DO GLASS PAINT ON A FLAT SURFACE TO STOP COLOUR RUNNING DOWN TOWARDS THE SLOPE SIDE,NOT ONLY THAT KEEP IT FLAT TILL DRIES(MX24HRS) DEPENDS ON THE THICKNESS OF THE PAINT U R APPLYING.next comes in bottles camel is the best company i felt,easy to get more colours also these u can apply using brushes like u do painting but with out repetedly doing on the same place,there are chances of getting bubbles pork them with pin.
    these are two types,1 is water based,2 is solvent based,water based can be diluted or brushes can be cleaned in water imm,but solvent based are bit difficult for first time using brush,brusehes should be cleaned with glass paint cleaner,to thin this paint v get glass solvents in the market.
    if u r doing on mirror just do carbon tracing as v do on cloth.
    regarding lines v get many in market,v can even make our own liner by mixing little required colour in fevicol and make a cone,procedure is same.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  7. ssaishu

ssaishu New IL'ite

Reverse Glass painting : Queries

Hi,
    I have done a couple of reverse glass paintings...And Im yet to do the third one one...I have some queries and I hope someone will clarify it...

I have got the printed glass(outline of the picture printed)...
    Should I give the lining outline once again?
    Should I apply a coat of varnish on it?
    Why is the stone paint used? Why is it used....what effect wil it give?I ve not tried it...
    If i want to use gold colour on pillars or screens, what paint must be used for that?

Please clarify....

8. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Paintings : Queries on Various type of Paintings

Hello artlovers,

Well, I am going to start a Ganpati painting. Can you please help me with some tips on ---

1. What base should I use? Grass board/ plywood/ hardboard
    2. What type of colour should I use as black base which is not shining?? oil colour, black enamel paint, black cotton cloth
    3. Should I use a black coloured POP layer on base, but then it may not get good finishing..

Please help..I am trying this kinda painting..This pic will make u understand what i am looking for ...

Attached Files:

• nO2.jpg
      nO2.jpg
      File size:
      36.9 KB
      Views:
  9. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Re: Paintings : Queries on Various type of Paintings

Hello,

Please I am waiting for your valuable suggestions... I want to start this asap.

Rgrds,
    Deepali

10. Creativestrokes

Creativestrokes New IL'ite

Re: Reverse Glass painting : Queries

Abt ur queries on Reverse Glass painting here are the answers

IF u already have bought the glass with the picture (screen printed ) then u dont have to draw them again, so no need to apply varnish also. Only if u are using a plain glass and are going to draw the picture urself with the rolling pen then u shoudl wait for it to dry and then apply varnish just on the lines of the picture.

as for Stone paints... they should be diluted and used to paint the jewellery on the pciture.. or whereever u want stone kind of glittering effect, u can also use Fevicryl Pearl colors instead.

Hope this information helps u .. go ahead finish ur project and post the picture.
    have fun painting.