1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Karumegangal Kalaiginrana (tamil) - Typical Thangar bachan movie with too much emotion. Ok one. Watched in youtube.

Thyagarajan and chanchitra like this.
  2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Aalorukkam, An aging man learns surprising truths when he asks a doctor and a journalist to help locate the son who left him 16 years ago.

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Vidya Vasula Aham (telugu) - how arranged marriages are also swinging due to the EGO(aham)! Some are hilarious but reality too. New actors, OK to watch.

4. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Alibaba ani Chaalishithle chor - marathi movie

It's about a group of 7 friends (naughty at forty couples) who have parties every weekend. It is shown that spouses talk and meet each others spouses as friends and they feel content n happy after that soulful talk and meeting. A kissing incident followed by a slap, in one of the parties disturbs the group as everyone wants to find out who kissed whom.

Interesting but dragging in the middle and towards the end as same talks are repeated. Ok for one time watch.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

This reminds me as a boy of my watching in theatre the movie in tamil and kannada. Late Bhanumathi sings in nasal tone in tamil.
    Alibabavum 40 thirudarkalum. this MGR film was box office hit.
    Pesum vaarthai unmai thaanaa
    Paedhaiyai yaeikka neengal
    Podum vaeshamaa

6. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Malayalam movie Padmini- a comedy film with lots of digs on people's attitude. Hero is taunted over the name padmini after his newly wedded wife elopes with his lover on the first night in a Padmini car and later on 2 more ladies related to padmini name comes into his life.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Thank you for bringing this movie to IL members attention. Kudos to u for this Helpful review.
    It is ought to be a worth watcher's time. I too after reading your views had read in various online magazines
    Raving reviews about this humorous movie PADMINI.
    In 1980s when this car was introduced by Premier Automobiles, by military boss Brigadier Verma wanted me to inspect and drive this car in the manufacturing plant at Ghatkopar-vidhyavihar. It was allotted to him out of turn in a long waiting list under a special category.
    The name padmini flooded my memories with numerous events and incidents that occured several decades ago.
    The day after Veera Pandiya Kattabomman released, I took inter alia autograph from late actress Padmini in 1960s in Abbotsbury a five star hotel then.
    I shall watch for opportunity to see the film with spouse in a cinema hall.
    Thanks for the nostalgia.
    Regards.
    God Bless

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Crew - Hindi 2024. I tried hard to appreciate this crappy movie because it had stars like Kareena Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Tabu and Diljit Dosanjh. Total time waste, nothing to say was a saving grace. Kareena Kapoor looks good, does not seem like mother of a 7 and 3 year old.

vidhyalakshmid and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Rihana

Article 370 - Hindi 2024. I could watch it only a week after it came out on Netflix, and it was so worth the wait. After a long time, a Hindi movie that is neatly made, no fluff, great acting, and no dragging. Yami Gautam acted well, though age is beginning to show on her face. I read she did some action sequences in initial months of pregnancy. Priyamani also did well. I fell in love with her pastel color sarees and high neck blouses. Ajay Devgn as the initial narrator was a treat to hear. He narrated the movie's context or pre-summary so well.

Congratulations to Yami Gautam and Aditya Dhar on their baby boy's birth. They named him Vedavid (one who knows the Vedas). What a lovely name. Very different from let's say what Kareena and Saif chose.

10. Rihana

Neru - Malayalam 2023. I thought it is a Malayalam movie, stars Mohanlal and IMDb rating 7.5, can't go wrong. What a big disappointment. Entire movie is made up of random court case technicalities like postponements or unbelievably silly court room drama.

Thyagarajan likes this.