1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 20, 2024.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda Finest Post Winner

So true, Syamala. We heard so many stories of kakas and kuruvis in our childhood, saw them everywhere, spent hours playing the house. When "life" caught up, what with exams, boards, studies, job hunting, running a home etc., it was not until my back grounded me that I started noticing them again. Birds I had never seen in my childhood like barbets, tailor birds, sunbirds and more were seen more frequently, making me wonder whether I had failed to notice them before or whether deforestation is causing them to visit the cities. In anycase, I am more than happy to see them.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice snippet Satchi, appreciating the nature right out there in your balcony only for you! That color of your hibiscus is so vibrant!! BTW, you grow guava in a pot in your balcony? Doesn't it grow into a tree?

Hope you get to enjoy your guavas sooner ... those pretty pink on the inside!!

3. satchitananda

satchitananda Finest Post Winner

Dear Malathi,

It is so wonderful to see you here. Thanks a ton!

Yes, I got the guava plant knowing full well it will grow into a tree. Decided to try my luck and see if it would give me some guavas before that. Am so glad I did, at least it gave the tailor birds a home if not guavas for me. Anyway, it is a win-win situation :-D

Similarly I got this yellow flower tree and wondered what I'd do once it was a tree. Decided to cross the bridge when I came to it. Meanwhile it does give me some flowers every now and then. Was a case of 'for days of Auld Lang Syne'. We used to have it at home when I was a kid and we used to play with the bittis (huge seeds) that it gave. Tried planting jaadimalli too, but no luck.

Thanks a lot again, Malathi.

Love,
    Satchi

Thyagarajan likes this.