1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Apply For Oci Online/via Mail

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by EagerForInfo, Apr 21, 2024.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Can anyone suggest a website used for applying for OCI completely online and through mail without the need to travel to the consulates/embassy?

I had applied for it completely online and through mail without the need to go to submit documents in person around 2015. Now the same links are not working and I need it for my relatives.

Thank you!

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I applied for myself and my spouse and child and we all got OCI last year. You have to go through VFS Global who have a contract with Indian embassy. Everything was done online and via postal service. We did not have to go in person. The embassy needed a clarification at one point and we just talked on Zoom with an official.
    Welcome to Embassy of India, Washington D C, USA,

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

4. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Is there a similar website to renounce Indian passport as well ?? It is for elderly relatives I want them to be able to accomplish renouncing Indian passport without having to travel and completely online as well.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Same VFS will handle renunciation. I don’t think embassy requires in-person for anything now.

| vfsglobal - vfsglobal

6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much. This website provides services to us citizens living in the USA. But my relatives have gone to India. Is there a similar service in India where everything can be done online?

7. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Also what visa can they apply for until their OCI is processed? I’m trying to make the process as simple as possible for them without much travel.

8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

In
    They should find out from the embassy if it is possible. Depending on the type of visa they used to enter India it may not be possible for foreign nationals to apply for OCI from India.

9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

They can take a visitor visa or E-visa.

10. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Is there any consultancy or agency who can take money and help them with this? They will be traveling to India and plan on staying there for good. They have taken visitors visa which is valid only for 180 days. They cannot travel much due to their age. Any help is appreciated. We just want to make sure they don’t run into any legal issues and have the appropriate documents needed. Due to their age I don’t want them to take trouble with traveling and all especially in India considering the water , food and heat now.