1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

God's Own Country

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 8, 2023.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am very happy and thankful to.God to bring me to.God's own country Kerala In my last days

There is so much greenery here. My daughter's house us surrounded by trees. Thanks to her and her husband who is also my husband's nephew who taje care if ne very well

Early morning you can hear the birds chirping
    After doing alankaram to the God's I go to Devi temple. First pluck.flowers in a Muslim house.then go to temple and then to.two more houses to pluck fliwers. One day if I don't go they ask me. In one house when it is very hot she gives me lime juices three glasses. If I tell her one glass is enough she will tell me you will get some energy. She also helps in plucking flowers. When I feel tired I rest in her.house for sometime.

Early morning you can see some ladies coming with Kerala mundu and with.chandan on their forehead

After coming back I arrange flowers for God's and if the flowers are more make garlands .
    Some days do archana. Nice to spend 4 hrs with.God in the mornings it's so peaceful

Evening I go to Lord Krishna temple.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the likes Swarnamary ,Swetha and
    Malstorm. Only likes no comments

Swetha52003 likes this.
  3. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Will write my comment soon Aunty! Loved, loved your post :hearteyes:

iyerviji likes this.
  4. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Aunty, your simple posts where you talk about places, people, connections always take me back to my happy memories in Kerala ! On vacations, when we visit our tharavadu ( ancestral house ) me and my cousins always used to collect beautiful, vibrant and colorful flowers to grandma for early morning Pooja in the temple. When it is Onam, it was a competition among all the cousins who collected the most thumbapoo ( beautiful small flowers snow-white in colour) And I remember 2 close neighbors were Muslims and Christians. Their daughters were our age too and they also used to join us in flower plucking, and threading garlands of jasmine flowers and all. We share payasam and other sadya feasts with them and they share Ramadan and Christmas, Easter feasts with us. Kaipola ( a steamed plantain cake ) and Achappam was my favorite! Oh I can still write loads about those days!

Thank you so much for your post, Aunty! There is something in your posts that brings sweetness in everyone :) Keep writing!

iyerviji likes this.
  5. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

No doubt, Kerala is God's own country.
    Stay safe and take care. All the best.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    A nice post! Kerala is not only God's own country but is also famously known as Parasurama Kshetra. Parasurama is my most favorite avatar of Vishnu. According to the scriptures, he will appear again at the end of Kaliyuga to guide Kalki in the destruction of all evil
    I have special love for Kerala and during the end stage of my State Bank days, I was the controlling authority of branches in Kerala.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad my post brings memories of your trip to Kerala. Thanks for sharing your memories.
    Glad to.know my post brings sweetness.
    Glad to get your message

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to get your reply early morning. Thanks for the information. Glad that during your end stage in State Bank you were controlling authority of branches In Kerala

You made my day and I feel I have got award IMG-20230608-WA0000.jpg

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:The most befitting song for the splendid narration about your morning that cross my mind is

Your morning habit certainly would help breathing fresh oxygen from gardens and trees.
    I too do morning stroll between 7 & 8 but not vigorous soldier-like walking as am afraid that there is a possibility some nerves around kneecap can get twisted or affect the hamstring alignment.
    My building is amidst a triangular block of fifty tall and small buildings with and without shrubs and trees with large canopy: also that contain resi-flats , IT & legal offices, கை ஏன்தி bhavan, etc. I hv numerous friends in these buildings and its inmates would be seen in various degrees of hurry. From these buildings, I either get just plucked hibiscus, two tier jasmine, iruvatchi in hues of pink red and white, அரளி & some other exotic five petaled flowers. Some flowers in plants jutting outside into public space , I myself pluck it. They are golden lillies, jasmine and அடுக்கு mullai.
    I get to speak to watchmen in uniform of few buildings and do enquire about their breakfast who invariably avail free food from Amma Unavagam.
    This stroll helped me enlarge my friends circle and good networking.
    There is karpaga vinayakar temple across the road and am forbidden to walk across to temple. So from opposite with flowers in hand I stand worshipping looking at the lord Ganapathy sitting over his vehicle mooñchoŕù.
    This stroll makes me perspire profusely and I get body cooled.
    After that it is time for second doze of luxury filter coffee.
    Thanks & Regards.
    God Bless us all.

iyerviji likes this.