Shraddha Walkar

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nandinimithun, Nov 21, 2022.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I was going through the gruesome details and the abuse underwent by this girl Shraddha, my heart went out to her.

There are many who told she could have ended the relationship, but ifor manybit is difficult to get out of an abusive relationship.

Why so we keep reading, hearing and seeing such gruesome acts.

Regards
    Nandini

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Disturbing indeed. Wish the help and counseling that such women need is more easily available before it becomes too late.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

May her soul rest in peace.

It is very disturbing to read or watch details of the incident.

Before we look into more professional level counselling and therapy, it is important to ensure supportive counselling in available for women or even men for that matter.
    Supportive counselling is more of lending an ear to the victim and make them feel they are deeply understood and supported. It is then a process of finding alternative solutions together. A trusted, supported and therapeutic relationship with a family member (often mother, sibling or a friend) is very important for a human being. Especially when life gets more stressed out, the last hope is to have a support system.

People like shraddha badly miss a system where they can be heard, accepted and supported without judgements.

4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

it is so sad .
    Looks like financially independence and education are not enough to help women walk out of such situations. what was lacking -- self love , mental strength , insecurity ? I dont know, but one too many women are unable to walk out despite being independent and capabale, they delude themselves that things will get better , but more often than not, sadly it doesnt.

anika987 likes this.
  5. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

Could it be a conditioning that we have that we should always "be" in a marriage? Do our parents and rest of the people around us give a rosy picture of their life and we might be too scared to speak up of our troubles?
    Do we have that open talk with our parents? or friends? Sometimes some people are so mean, even with all of their troubles in their own lives, but talk nonsense about women who are single. Infact single men are scarier even to us.
    Hope our next generation will have the freedom of choice. Hope we will be able to groom our daughters to have an open conversation with us (in the least) and be supportive of them instead of being judgemental.
    Only time will tell.

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Exactly! Very well said.Mental strength and awareness and being practical is most important than anything else. Feeling bad for the poor gal who felt probably emotionally trapped and could not get out.True independence is the willpower and strength to take care of oneself and courage to exit when things can’t be handled more than needed.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My heart broke when I heard about that gruesome murder. To a large extent the society needs to take the blame. The stigma that a woman gets when she get out of a relationship and look for another needs to change in the society. To a certain extent, all societal criteria that is applicable to only women needs to be broken. Even here in the US, we can see many women just live with an abusive relationship even before marriage not because there is stigma in this country but because finding another person of great character is a lot of effort. I am not saying there is no men worth living for and certainly there are a lot of men who live with impeccable character but those men are generally taken quickly. The punishment for such cases must be quick in the court with the cops gathering evidences quickly to present it to the court. Killing is never a solution for anything. Recently, my friend's daughter committed suicide and it broke my hear as she was only 28 years old and was pursuing her medical career.

It is time to fix the issues in the society once and for all by a drive that would change the way people think about women. A society that doesn't respect women would cease to exist.

8. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

The way he planned and disposed off her remains, the way he kept abusing her, and the way he ended her life.

Honestly is this the youth of today? Apart from mobey, freedom, not judging, a woman needs a close confidante and a loving family.

It is high time we talk to our daughters and understand their innermost pains and struggles.

I feel extremely sad for the life gone, when engulfs, no matter how educated, rich or poor it doesn't matter.

Mental strength is important and it is equally important to have a place where we can dump our negativity without being judged.

Nandini

Viswamitra likes this.