1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Best Prophet Of The Future Is The Past.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Nov 7, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

The Best Prophet of the Future is the Past.

We have heard and talked - Past is gone, Future is uncertain and there is only Present. Let us examine its validity from a different perspective.
    We are used to dividing time into three specific categories-Past, Present, and Future for our own convenience. It is another thing that we call it present, fully aware of the fact that the line between past and future is very very thin.
    There is only past and future. By the time I lift my finger to click another alphabet, my present has already become past. I am now looking for if what I wanted to type is what has actually been typed because there is every possibility that my finger might have clicked the wrong alphabet. This line between lifting the finger and clicking the alphabet is called present. And this present is so tiny and short that we can not even feel it, forget about living it.
    It is therefore clear that we learn from our past. We typed the wrong alphabet and learned from the mistake we committed and corrected it. We conducted the same episode in the past.

It also proves that we are most likely to commit a mistake in the future if we did not learn from it. It can safely be predicted that mistakes will happen.

Therefore, it is necessary to treat our Past as our Prophet, one who can make the prophecy about our future.

Viswamitra likes this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hariji,
    Past, present and future mingle.
    We have to learn from past, it becomes present and future becomes past after a while. They are all twined....not separate entities. We have to just go on living...every stage is a learning process. At times we brood, at times we learn and at times hope.
    Syamala

Rihana, HariLakhera and Mistt like this.
  3. HariLakhera

Syamalaji,
    Thanks for your first feedback. I take your point. I guess these three words were devised for convenience. It is just a mental exercise. What is the need for a present when it becomes past in no time? Past is good enough to learn for the future. Ever since humans started recording history, which is another word for the past, they kept it secured for learning from it. After a time, there appeared a set pattern that if you put your hands in the fire, it burns. So, no need to try again.
    That is why I say the past is a prophet of the future.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hari Sir,

Thank you for sharing your insight about the past and the need to learn from the past. I believe we have an encryption of the past (both past lives as well as present life) embedded in our system and our thoughts arise from that. A series of circumstances unfold in front of us suitable to our encryption for us and when we act, either we learn from it or face the consequences so that we don't repeat it again. More and more we use discrimination, we keep perfecting our actions and more and more we endure the circumstances that are painful we keep erasing our encryption.

Neither our encryption nor circumstances are under our control and only how we think and act with free will, given our encryption and circumstances define how we transform ourselves. Frankly, there is nothing called life and they are series of thoughts and actions and we connect all of them and consider it as "My life". There is no past, present and future and it is manmade definition of what happened, what is happening and what would happen. Time is experienced only by our mind which itself is a bundle of thoughts and transient.

HariLakhera likes this.
  5. HariLakhera

Dear Shri Viswa,
    I guess what you say is very relevant in our subconscious life. You have rightly named
    it encrypted past. Many a time, my past comes into my dreams, the people I worked with, the issues we tried to solve, and believe me, the dreams are so funny and provide no answers.
    I, therefore, conclude that as in the past, we have to find answers to our issues at hand in the present, because the circumstances are not always the same. The persons, places, circumstances are always never the same. We may get some broadside view of the situation of the past as help but, the solution may never be the same.
    Our past makes a prophecy about our future but that is all. But answers will have to be found by us. We should therefore be thankful to that prophet for secretly guiding us.