Have You Used Google Pay To Send Money To India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gknew, Nov 1, 2021.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I have used a service from India and they wanted to send the money using Google pay. They aren't ready to share the account number to send the money as they prefer Google pay the easiest and safest.

I haven't used Google pay before and I just have their mobile number. Have you sent money using Google pay before?

Is it possible to send money from the US ? I do have an active India mobile number. I tried to install Google pay with that India mobile number. But I couldn't get the transaction successful and not able to add the payment details successfully.

Any thoughts.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

You need to be in Indian geography to use google pay . I know some people use vpn to use google pay but I have never done it . I have always been upfront with any seller from India about mode of payment . I have made many purchases not even once I had issue with people accepting online bank transfer . Even small sellers accept online bank transfer . You should just tell them this is the only available option otherwise ask them to cancel order . If you have family in India who can help then use them .

gknew likes this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the response. This is not for online order.

If it's any online order or e-commerce purchase, they definitely take online payment.

I have used an electric plumbing work for my house in India. I contacted them over the phone and they did the work in my house which is in another city and my parents are in another state.
    My parents don't have Google pay. So I have to pay the vendor.
    I will check out for other options. Thank you!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021