1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Trying To Stitch Cotton Fall To Chiffon Saree - How Am I Doing So Far

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by SuiDhaaga, Sep 10, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Am I in right track to attach fall to saree?

This is pink chiffon saree and fall is cotton (I made fall myself), I am using white cotton thread.

This is how outside of saree looks. If you zoom in you can see the “invisible stitches”

21056B74-C876-4567-8D67-F2B3D6D96B25.jpeg

This is inner view

3E92A517-C35D-48B2-810C-2B0B623C6541.jpeg

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

yes you are doing okay. I attached falls to my wedding sarees really looooong time ago. Hand stitches on right side of side should be minimal/less visible. I think you doing okay and with time, it will only get better. Other thing is since indian saries are usually busy prints and with print/design/fall on the bottom side, stitiches are hardly visible even if crooked.
    Great job at making fall strip yourself..seriously.
    Where did u get sari from? I believe you are not in india.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I purchased this from Amazon (their USA site). They said it was Georgette but it was Chiffon.

I had to purchase a separate border to sew on just so I can handle the material. Then I learned about falls.

I got a cutting mat set, with cutter (like a pizza slicer), plus a sewing machine to make a double-layer fall (cuz I'm so paranoid about not being able to handle chiffon).

Wow, you attached fall to your wedding saree! Amazing!

Thank you for the encouragement!

4. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

You are doing fine. As said by other member, the prints on saree makes it hard for the stitches to be so visible unless a person is particularly looking at it with closeup.

You can probably try to put the stitches in same line which will come with practice. Otherwise looks totally neat. And kudos for stitching your own fall. I dont even buy fall myself. Usually give the saree as it is with the blouse piece to tailor n then tell him to stitch blouse, attach fall (which tailor buys matching to my saree) and do zigzag/pico of ends.
    Doing all this by urself is commendable. Keep it up

SuiDhaaga likes this.