Do "spirits" Exist?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Oct 15, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

you did have some guts!

Thyagarajan and madhat like this.
  2. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

heh heh... guts ella, the fear of upcoming exam that day was more i guess. I was like what the hell, let anything happen I have to finish studying :sweatsmile:. Ask me to do that now, I wouldn't. The whole hostel and surrounding area used to be so still that was an example of a pin drop silence indeed.

anika987, maalti and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Speaking of spirits, I remember an incident that happened to my grandfather in the beginning of 20th century. A group of ten people proceeded to Kanchipuram to attend a wedding in a bullock cart. Those days bullock carts were the best means of transport. They were almost near the destination. The driver of the cart decided to take a short cut and drove the cart through a small lane between fields. It was late evening and they lost their way. Then they saw a man who was coming towards them. He was limping a little. When he neared the cart, the driver asked him the way to Kanchipuram. The man came very near the cart and said "Do you want to know the way to Kanchipuram? I am Kanchipuram". Saying this, he pushed the cart into the nearby field. Every one fell down and the bullocks ran away in fear. After that, they couldn't find the man anywhere. With great difficulty, they all managed to reach the marriage Hall. When they explained the incident to the villagers, they said that nobody ventured in that short cut route since it was a haunted route.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    madhat, anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Scary indeed. Curious to know, how long you stayed in that house and did your husband or yourself encounter any such incidents.
    Good that you knew about the old man , daughter n kid only on the last day.

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

So many experiences from everyone…

Are they real or is it a manifestation of the negative energy we carry?

6. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I don't think any one here had a first hand experience at least not like in the movies. I have heard of experiences described here from others in the family - like dreaming of people who died long ago and not related in any way to the dreamer. My aunts described once that my grandmother's family took a house for rent. This was around 50-60 years ago. Everyone in the family dreamt of a woman with her baby. They dreamt she was rocking a cradle with the baby. Once, in one of the dreams, she explained to one of them that she and her fellow travellers had been killed by robbers for jewelry and her soul lay in the tree outside the house and she felt disturbed by the family's presence. I heard it when they told my mother. I myself never had nor wish to have such experiences. I do believe that there are ghosts because of some experiences I have had, nothing to do with encounters, but weird experiences that made me believe in a lot of things that science cannot explain.

anika987, Mistt and KashmirFlower like this.
  7. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

I dont have any experience with spirits... however I am really liking this thread with supernatural experiences!

Well, Sixth sense gave another side of ghosts, scary yet harmless.

I played the spirit game with finger on the coin and lights off only candles when i was growing up... chilling yet addictive!
    I used to read 'World famous' series and the best one was 'World famous ghosts'... this thread feels the same!

anika987, Mistt and KashmirFlower like this.
  8. anivijay

anivijay Gold IL'ite

@paru123, we stayed there for 1 year. Me and husband didn't see anything ourselves. Mom used to see ghosts from her childhood and told us too many incidents. Husband didn't believe all those things and told me its her imagination.

anika987 likes this.
  9. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

My uncle is a psychatrist... he doesnt say for 100% there isnt any supernatural activity going on because its a immense big universe you see...

But most of his patients who have 'experienced' ghosts were having sleep paralysis. Even thou they denied beleiving in ghosts but during their treatment and receiving hypnosis,they said they did beleive thoroughly and they were terrified of their existance.

Spirits might be everywhere but most of the human experience with spirits might be from our mind, our inhibitions and fear/stress.
    Mind is a wonderful servent but a terrible master.

10. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

My older aunts and uncles usually tell stories of 'white saree lady'... that there a route from kurnool to bangalore that most people who dont sleep in the buses see her. The driver sometimes does see and stops the bus but no one else sees. Sometimes its not the driver but a passenger and screams and then again nothing when everyone in the bus is awake...

However from the younger generation ( my friends etc)tell about 'things moving'...or noises heard etc... very interesting experiences.

Ghosts are following trends

anika987 and madhat like this.