1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Update From The Previous Post

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by AditiShining, Oct 16, 2021.

1. AditiShining

AditiShining Bronze IL'ite

My previous post:

I got big response on this post so I'm giving an update. I have started my job. For my MIL's leg ache, we visited a doctor. She doesn't have anything serious. Just gave her some vitamin tablets. We have fortunately found a maid for cleaning utensils and cutting vegetables. My MIL helps me here and there in cooking.

My MIL has not forgotten her leg massage though. She told me "you won't get much time due to work but you can press my legs when you have holiday." So I massage her legs on Saturday-Sunday for 20-25 minutes. She also asks me to massage her legs when she has done more than usual work. She asked me to massage her legs after she had come from shopping with her friends.

I think I have spoilt her but it's still doable so I'm doing what she says. What do you all think?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It doesn’t matter what we think. If it’s something you want to do, do it. Otherwise politely but consistently say no.

meepre, drdiva, KashmirFlower and 2 others like this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  4. AditiShining

Actually it is our tradition that DIL massages her MIL's legs. Modern girls don't follow that much now but when girls do they are appreciated. My MIL is also pleased because of my massage. It satisfies her ego that her DIL sits near her feet and massages her legs to relax her.

That massager is amazing. I will buy that and reduce the frequency of massages.

5. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Yes. You have spoilt her.
    You can reduce it slowly.

AditiShining likes this.
  6. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Then why are you asking here what we think? You started doing it out of your own will and are continuing it out of your own will. Do what makes you feel comfortable and works for your family dynamics.

chanchitra and AditiShining like this.
  7. AditiShining

Right. Yesterday I tried skipping her leg massage but she got angry and said "don't make excuses. I'm not asking to press my legs everyday as you are working but on your holiday also you are making excuses. That's not why we have given you freedom to work." I said "sorry mummy ji" And pressed her legs.

I shouldn't complain now because I have started this.

EightKittens likes this.
  8. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Freedom to work!!!! You have all the right to work or not work. Next time if she comes with massage needs,tell her you are ordering a massager so she can use it whenever she wants and don't need to depend on you for this.I guess you need to be more tactic and diplomatic with your MIL.

chanchitra likes this.
  9. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

See, her true colors are out.

AditiShining likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @DDream for posting this. I have been suffering from feet tingling and pain for the past 4 years. I have just ordered this.