Daily Meditation Log

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, Jul 26, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Sure thing

Date: Sun, Jul 24, 2021
    Time: 4 am
    Duration: 30 min
    Experience: Sat Burmese style. Tightness in hips. Legs fell asleep.

Date: Mon, Jul 25, 2021
    Experience : Tightness in hips, legs fell asleep, min was quiet for few minutes in end

Date: Tuesday, Jul 26, 2021
    Experience: Wikd racing, tense mind due to errands. Tight hips, legs fell asleep. Mind was calm for one second

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Looked for guides on "how to". Came across
    Mudra', a Sanskrit word, means a symbolic hand gesture that has the power of producing joy and happiness. ... Mudras help to link the brain to the body, soothe pain, stimulate endorphins, change the mood and increase our vitality.​
    [​IMG]

In some larger palettes of images, there are some hand signals that are pretty close to what the brokers use at the commodity market in Chicago. [my mind wanders a bit :tired:] Waking up from a trance to find out that one had bought some soybeans or porkbellies would indeed be humorous.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

Date: Wed, Jul 28, 2021
    Experience: . Tight hips, legs fell asleep. Mind was calm for I dunno how long.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Read somewhere PRITHVI MUDRA is not suitable for meditation, should not be held while doing meditation.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  5. SuiDhaaga

Right now I keep both my hands loosly in my lap.

i think, what is most comfortable position to be in, yet allows me to remain alert - while I stay glued in that position for the meditation time.

vidhyalakshmid and Viswamitra like this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

Date: Thurs, Jul 29, 2021
    Experience: . Tight hips, legs fell asleep. Mind was calm for I dunno how long. Mind gets calm towards very end of meditation.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. SuiDhaaga

Date: Thurs, Jul 30, 2021
    Experience: Left heel dug into right shin. I slightly moved and I felt my left ankle dig into the yoga mat. Less tight hips and less of legs falling asleep. Mind was calm towards end of medication

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @SuiDhaaga for starting the log already. This is a gentle reminder to everyone that the start date for log is Sunday, August 1st, i.e. tomorrow. Kindly log in your data starting tomorrow and if possible, please share your meditation experience. This will enable all of us to learn from each other.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  9. SuiDhaaga

Date: Sat, Jul 31, 2021
    Experience: Right hip was tight, left leg fell asleep. Nature called, but i just sat there and focused on the feeling till it was gone.

10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 1 .

Date: August 1st 2021
    Time: 7:35 am
    Duration: 10 mins
    Experience: Back from a vacation and as I was clearing my suitcase I remembered this thread. I hadn't commented saying I will start . Thought let me start and go with the flow. I started 75 hard challenge, failed a couple of times and left it thinking I'll go back when I am able to finish all the 5 tasks. It was hard to finish 5 tasks and area I was failing repeatedly was meditation. So I wanted to work on that and get back to that challenge.
    As per Gauri's instruction I had downloaded calm and headspace app and noticed they are paid apps and earlier when I started I did not have confidence on myself to go with paid version. I used to go with meditation music on YouTube n sit for 10 mins. I am still doing the same and told myself if I do a 21 day continuous meditation I'll go with calm app and pay for it as I really liked the app.
    So today's experience was : self doubt.
    Self doubt of whether this will work for me this time? Will I continue or give up like previous times. N my mind was wandering . As I start something new in my career from tomorrow I wanted to work on a new schedule for my baby. So I was thinking just about that how it'll be? Whether it'll all fall in place?
    I was following the instruction in the 10mins calm meditation in YT about concentrating on the breadth . When I thought I may have finished 2 3 mins it ended saying we have finished 10 mins of meditation. That's the beauty of meditation. Isn't it ?You don't realise you are about to finish it. :)

Day 1 done and I feel good to have STARTED.

Viswamitra likes this.