Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

I guess. Thanks. :grinning:

Wasn't expecting that to happen, mildly surprised me! :laughing: I'm just glad ppl enjoy my work. Have made new friends in both communities, we enjoy each other's work and company. That's all matters to me.

Btw, my most loyal, super fan is my sister. :sweatsmile: Sometimes her sweetness is overwhelming, sometimes embarrassing. She made a big cake for my #100th day and something a sort of mini celebration back home with her family and my parents. Now she is printing her kid's t-shirts with my doodles! :facepalm: Lol. Love her.

Yeah, yeah when I get over my laziness(if!!). :biggrin: Will do one for ur 75th day. :thumbsup:

Speaking of which, I'm sorting out a list of goals to start my #75days bbbbut...that rule to start over every time we miss...why I'm hesitant still. :eek::oops:

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

Given how much you manage in a day... Hire someone for helping/assisting or even a full time cook person already! :smash2:

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I would gladly wear a tee with either of your ‘Amma’ and ‘Marghazi’ art. Your sis has the right idea. You should absolutely merchandise it. The Amma one is too cute!

Without the starting over rule it would be too easy to slip up. These days I wake up and plan out my day in minute detail so I can be done with everything other than the water goal by 6 pm. Anything to avoid a soul crushing late night scramble to work out. :sweat:

Still working on it. One lady was a dream. We had four months of gourmet meals, then she quit to start her own food business. Another one used as much oil in a week as I do in a month. Had to let her go. The auditions continue. : )

Kohvachn likes this.
  4. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

Thanks. :blush:

I'm kinda consistent with my workouts. It's this water thing I am unable to make it any day. Been trying for a long time now. Wouldn't mind trying the 75 challenge just for this. :sweat:

Me. Me. Me! :grin::grin:

I will assist you in meal prepping and other side jobs in the kitchen. Pay me back with ur rajma and curry whatnot. :hearteyes::tongueout: Lol. Hope you find one soon. Hugs.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana,

Thank you for your first response in the thread titled, "One thing you always wanted to do". It is so fascinating to notice that you started your special interest helping someone you treated as grand ma even though she was a paid help at home. It brought some great memories of me writing similar letters for paid help at home and she was called by all of us as "Thayee" even though her original name was "Chinthamani". I used to deposit all her earnings into the bank and later when it accumulated to a substantial sum, she used to call her two daughters and distribute it to them (the same children of her who kicked her out of their houses). At some point, I have traveled with her to her daughter's house and stayed in the hut belonging to her son-in-law. I had dinner in their house and later her son-in-law took me to my first MGR movie titled, "Ayirathil Oruvan" (One in a thousand). I remember they had a handloom weaver inside their hut and I worked on it for a while as it was fun for me at that age. I used to sit outside in the Lanai with a table and chair and she used to sleep next to my table. I still remember her asking me, "How did Armstrong landed on the moon, didn't he fall?" when I told her that a man had landed on the moon surface.

Very impressive to note that you wrote a 48 line poem using 26 in your researched literary devices. You should offer that as a service without any question. I still remember you gave me the design for a book with all the titles of my snippet in the first page.

Of course, you have every right to do your humble bragging. Handmade scrolls and wedding invitations by ArtfulBeginnings is impressive and I know who to consult if my son every decide to marry at some point in time of his life.

Viswa

Mistt and Rihana like this.
  6. Viswamitra

@nuss,

One Thing You Always Wanted To Do

Thank you for your response. I didn't hear about Graphology either until I had an interest to research more into it. I was playfully analyzing the handwriting of my fellow students and colleagues in my early career. Analyzing my own signature and handwriting, I came to know that I like to be alone mostly and I considered that as a tendency not to socialize. I was a bit worried about that initially. However, I didn't have the tendency to hide things from others and freely share whatever I did which is different than what criminals do. That was a big sign of relief.

What a relief it is to design yours and your daughter's dresses on your own. It is always difficult to express what you like to someone than doing it yourself. You can continue matching daughter/mother dresses until she decides to do her one selections. Speaking of geography, when I lived with my cousins doing CA in India, it was a competition among us to call the capital of each country, Olmphic Gold Medalists for the past two Olymphics, recall international cricket players and their records, etc. I am sure you can fulfill your interest to travel to 100 countries before you reach the milestone age of 50 and finish the rest after retirement.

Viswa

Mistt likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

@rathiprasad,

Thank you for your response One Thing You Always Wanted To Do.

I am sure you can fulfill your wish to travel to all the states in India post Corona.

It is interesting to know your interest in lampshades. I never sewed in my life but gardening is a great interest for me as well. Making pickles and baking all kinds of cakes is a piece of cake for me as well.

I am more interested in learning more about your content writing skills. Do you need to know how to make those content writings rank?

Singing is a great hobby to practice. I have been singing bhajans for the past 15 years and what a elevating experience it is!

Viswa

8. rathiprasad

rathiprasad Silver IL'ite

Hi Viswa,
    Content writing is a great way to keep those dull moments at bay. I normally write for local agencies where I either have a free hand on the topics or it is fixed. So I am not really concerned on the rankings.
    I do freelancing writing for local magazines which is also interesting as I get to meet a variety of people from different backgrounds.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Unfortunately I cannot attribute my compulsive need/ability to push myself beyond my mental and physical limits to any virtuous character traits. I suffer from a debilitating case of imposter syndrome. : ) There is an unhappy little imp that sits in my head that relishes in reminding me that I don’t deserve credit for anything I do or have done. A compliment is just someone being kind. An accomplishment is largely luck or privilege. If I persevere long after most people would give up it is only to feel less like a pretender than my mind would have me believe. I don’t think it is a positive trait. It’s a sort of self flagellation, certainly not worth emulating. I am trying to learn self compassion but it’s a work in progress.

Thank you for all the wonderful things you said. I do promise to write more, or at least make a good faith effort to write more. : )

Thyagarajan, Kohvachn and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Thank you for agreeing to write more. I look at it little differently Gauri. When you have will power, your thoughts about remaining fit gets etched in your sub-conscious mind following up with you to continue the effort to remain fit. That can't be viewed as self flagellation and not worth emulating. Any action and all associated thoughts that help you to lead a positive life is considered righteous. In my view, remaining focused on regulating your body and mind is actual self compassion. Who determines mental and physical limits? It is your mind trying to trick you to relax as you are doing something to let it focus and subordinate the discriminative decision taken from your intellect. It presents a picture that you don't have self-compassion to trigger you to relax. Kindly consider my above thoughts and I realize you are the best judge in this matter.

Gauri03 likes this.