Positive With Covid

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, May 8, 2021.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Hello Everyone... Hope everything is going well... We are living with this pandemic nowadays. Every day we hear lots of news of people suffering and dying. This creates a panic and we always remain worried about our near and dear ones.

But not everyone who catch the infection is dying. There are many people who fought back successfully.

In my known too a family with 6 members all were positive and two of them were serious. There was no hospital beds available. After struggling for 3 days at home in such critical situation they got the bed but in another city. All of them went there. Admitted the two more serious members and others took a room nearby. Daily they were asking for the injections or oxygen cylinder on social media. After atleast 8-10 days of hard struggle all of them are at home now and are doing well.

I wanted to share this to generate positivity in those who are suffering with it or who are in fear of getting the infection.

Anyone else if know any such success story then please share it with all. It will give us the strength and courage to stay positive.

Stay Safe....

drdiva, peartree, Thyagarajan and 5 others like this.

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

In one another case they was family of 3. The man got infected. The woman and 5 years child were fine. But they too got infected in other 2 days. The woman was strong enough with her husband and child's condition and was somehow managing everything. But on third day she got upset as she herself started showing many symptoms and with other two family members already suffering. They all were scared now and rushed to their native place. There they knew one psychologist. They called her and her words helped them to cope with the situation. Few other relatives were also there who helped them in many ways. Now they all are fine and planning to go back to their home.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

This is not good. When people in towns and cities with better hospitals, clinics and pharmacies rush off to native places, they not only take their virus to the native places, they also get stuck in a place with less facilities. When we feel like we have symptoms, we must stay home and call someone on the phone to consult about it.

drdiva, chanchitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Yes sir your point is correct. But in that situation everyone needs support. They live in a very small house and don't even have reach of terrace. No facility of hospital etc is available anywhere... It's not correct but in that situation they found no other solution.

Thyagarajan and Hopikrishnan like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

At the corner of the mind, one is apprehensive - any moment or this moment I might get infected. That LPG CYLINDER delivery man came WITHOUT mask and hand gloves. He might infect me. Our building. Oh my god he is closing the compound entrance gate. I should not touch the gates.......all wakeful hours turned to worrying hours. With news of kith and kin departing for want ofthis or that.. OMG ... PEOPLE are losing faith in hospitals, doctors, government, even those remedies spurious vaccines... it is all one hell of a place .... strong immunity.. one can take Kashayam... kabhasurakudineer in Tamil.....

But then I heard, my distant relative with his son same day tested positive got themselves admitted in private hospital when spouse was held up in Maharashtra - the worst affected place. Five days friend was ok without ane o2 requirement. But son was every alternate day feeling better with ventilation. Most trying time fordad as attendant to son in hospital. After another five days feeling ok. But they reached home with adviseto hv o2 cylinder.

That son aged 34 - spoke to me over phone now that he is ok. What a great relief to my spouse & I and to his mom who managed to return chennai! She thanked my son in law profusely for the care who amidst his tight WFH, daily drove to the hospital four times with home made food breakfast lunch dinner.

God Bless All.

messedup likes this.
  6. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Hats off to your son in law. If we want to know that if Humanity still exists then we can get many examples from your family. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Hopikrishnan

I read the following in WHO-2019-nCoV-Food_Safety-2020.1-eng.pdf
    The most recent advice from the WHO is that current evidence indicates that COVID-19 virus is transmitted during close contact through respiratory droplets (formed on coughing or sneezing) and by fomites. 4-10 The virus can spread directly from person-to-person when a COVID-19 case coughs or sneezes, producing droplets that reach the nose, mouth, or eyes of another person.

Alternatively, as the respiratory droplets are too heavy to be airborne, they land on objects and surfaces surrounding the infected person. It is possible that someone may become infected by touching a contaminated surface, object, or the hand of an infected person and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes. This can happen, for instance, when touching door knobs or shaking hands and then touching the face.

Recent research evaluated the survival of the COVID-19 virus on different surfaces and reported that the virus can remain viable for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, up to four hours on copper, and up to 24 hours on cardboard. 11 This research was conducted under laboratory conditions (controlled relative humidity and temperature) and should be interpreted with caution in the real-life environment.

Coronaviruses cannot multiply in food; they need an animal or human host to multiply.​
    That made me wonder if nonveg foods - like fried_chicken can have the virus ? If one is resolved to worry, it is not too difficult to find a reason.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Hopikrishnan

Wearing a dog-cone [ all vet-supply shops carry these in sizes from poodle to great dane] can prevent one from inadvertently touching the face:
    [​IMG]
    And what about the airborne droplets from others' sneezes/coughs you ask ? For that you need to get a head-band umbrella.

[​IMG]

In USA we are required to go MASKLESS in order to make a political point. With a handsfree headband (or hat) umbrealla and a dog-cone combination, we can do just that.

Going out and about in the public with that kind of get up will sure get others to guffaw.... and produce aerosol droplets that travel far. Social distancing will protect the wearer, because people would naturally avoid being seen close to such an apparition.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Dear Hopi, thanks for the elaborate info. Every member in our household has been told these umpteen times. Counterfoil of receipt unsigned and I refuse to take it. My part of Lpg receipt is touched and delivery man was told to leave it in a designated corner. Luckily he did not cough nor sweated. He drove the cylinders in truck to make deliveries.
    The picture and daily developments here in chennai are not at all encouraging for a peaceful day. Every now and then it is some sad news some tragic loss some one dying in stretcher for want of bed and o2.

Kasimedu in north of chennai is wholesale fish market near the shores. Yesterday Huge crowd throwing caution to wind for hours were doing roaring business. TASMAC shops flooded with people. As from today, next fortnight it is declared lock out, market men - a few busy hoarding groceries and medicine materials. But CM announced reduction in price of milk in retail the only redeeming feature.
    Please pray for India as she is facing many variants of virus.

10. Thyagarajan

Opposite my balcony across the arterial road Avon fishes is having regular customers visit pre morning and late evening for fresh chickens and varieties of fish. It is causing huge concern. So my sliding glass windows in the balcony is always kept shut. Most of the hours wind blows fro shop side to our side. I felt in the beginning “ what a blessing “. Since March 2020 rarely this sliding glass doors opened.