1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Festival Of Madurai Meenakshi

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Festival of Madurai Meenakshi :hello:

Due to COVID Fear,
    the size of gathering at the temple town for watching the ten day long proceedings of Pooja and procession are in low key.
    upload_2021-4-23_13-21-31.jpeg

It would be of interest to atheists community the world over the deity and Temple’s association with a British Collector and the macabre yet concluded in pleasant manner the incident happened in undivided India.
    The link is here:
    Meenakshi Vs. Ross Peter & Hid White Stallion

May the Goddess Meenakshi shower Her choicest Blessings on all .

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I have been to this temple twice. It is so magnificent. Puja and meditation help us from not getting panicky but the treatment is in hospital.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thanks for your words. I agree. But we have miracle stories in which patient get cured only by offering sincere prayers.
    The long poem sang in front of the Lord Guruvayrappan cured completely the author in instalments. Fir more in link
    Narayaniyam - Wikipedia
    Regards.

4. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

I blessed wth a baby girl after I visit the temple,ofcource mean while went to treatment als but I don’t hav faith whn am in treatment,I just trusted d god and left to her and miracle happend,now my baby s 17mons old I used to cal my baby as Minakshi (vihana is her name)...hav to visit the temple again...really went to tough times to survive my pregnancy before,but after my visit I blessed the Nxt mon itself but even a single day I never panicked abut my baby or pregnancy..wth out her blessings it’s impossible..want to visit the temple soon wth my baby...thanks for bringing this link here

5. Thyagarajan

:hello:#4 am glad of contents.
    Wish the baby all the best.
    Vihan (विहान), which in Sanskrit means 'early morning' or 'dawn' equivalent Tamil உதயம். Google throws lots of predictions and future for girls named Vihana.

Janakinarne likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The temple is an architectural marvel but it is just a story, not history. Anecdotal evidence is questionable as it could be n illusion, hallucination, mere belief. The story itself could be an interesting well-spun yarn.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thank you Sir for visiting here and your comments.
    I do not know whether Temple records are historic proofs but these records are preserved in which the jwellery including the golden pair of shoes donated by the British collector Rose Peter mentioned.
    Regards.