Light At The End Of The Tunnel Of Covid19

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Whyme20, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Whyme20

Whyme20 Silver IL'ite

This thread is about my parents journey in and out of coronavirus. My dad is 70 and mother 67. Mother is very healthy, looks after herself, does yoga and eats right and very physically active. My dad is asthmatic from last 60 years and has diabetes. But he has kept himself very healthy. He does yoga for two hours, follows Ayurveda, does self reflexology and has very positive outlook towards life. Since the pandemic I was very worried about him, so had told him to be extra careful about the disease because of his preexisting conditions. They live on their own, brother lives about an hour drive from their city. Last month dad had high fever and body aches along with bad headache. After two days of that my mother had runny nose and high fever like 102 for three days and she was completely fine after that. No body aches, no headache nothing.

I live in another country and I regret it most in times like this. I was very concerned about my dad, called him every half an hour. There are some issues in brother and my dad, so he also didn't visit personally, but was in touch with them over the phone. Dad consistently had high fever for about two weeks, had bad body aches, his chest felt heavy, had runny nose, pain behind eyes, didn't want to walk also had shortness of breath but didn't need respirator. He started feeling better after two weeks. Fever started coming down, he felt slightly less week. After about 10 days my brother reached but worst of the sickness was over by then. They mainly took paracetamol and ate mostly fruits and simple food. I prayed and cried consistently. I just wanted to be by dad's side immediately. It took him about four weeks to feel completely better, although fever came normal after about 18 days.

My parents are fine now. My dad's journey was bit rough due to his preexisting conditions and even after that he was able to get better completely. They looked after each other. My mother also gave off to the house help and I am glad that she took this call.

My reason for writing this thread is that we can put this behind us. We can fight coronavirus . It's good to be there for each other, in the times of need.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    Your parents cared for each other and none else could be with them to lend a helping hand. A picture of resilience at sixties or seventies. God was with them.

Good that you longed to be close to their bed though in your first thread you had poured your angst FOR mom. All that seems to have evaporated in distress. It shows nothing is permanent - good or bad!

You are blessed! continue to remain blessed by GOD.

3. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

Glad that they are now okay, looking after each other shows how they love each other so much.

4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@Whyme20 Thanks for sharing . those 2 weeks must have been so stressful for you. So glad to hear your parents are have recovered and are back to normal now.

5. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Glad that it is over for them. They would probably have developed antibodies in their system to fight off the virus now. However, such warning shots are a reminder for all to, as they say, get one's affairs in order. While one cannot do much to deal with the emotional aspects for the bereaved, one can certainly do much to alleviate the economic suffering -- by doing whatever that is feasible with respect to estate planning. Make sure that the assets pass to the people one would want, and do so with ease, and no wrangles. In a recent thread about wills, I had recommended joint ownerships/tenancies for as many assets as possible/feasible.

People in their 60's and 70's should take heed.