Ladies, How To Use A Bidet

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Aug 7, 2020.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I have been searching YouTUBE videos on how to use a Bidet, but people just blab blab blab about their travels, how they use it to wash their feet or shave their legs.

How do you use a Bidet?

What happens if it comes attached with a toilet?

What happens if it is a separate fixture from a toilet?

Ladies, please advise.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Going to YouTube for how to use bidet.. that's very naughty, SuiDhaaga. :nono:

Mine are the $35-60 kind that can be attached to the toilet structure. These can be removed easily too, for example, if living in a rented place. The drawback is that it uses the water that also flushes the toilet, so the water is not heated. : )

Depends on how fancy the bidet is. The simpler ones have a pipe and a faucet at the end of the pipe, that you press, very carefully, to start the water.

I didn't know that there were bidets unattached to the toilet till I read your query. So, I googled (avoiding videos) and found this article whose author has a sense of humor.
    How to use a bidet – it's easier than you think
    I gathered that with the stand alone bidet, one does one's business in the toilet, and then scoots over to the bidet to clean up. : ) This bidet is like a toilet sans the lid.

Buy a simple one from Home Depot and try it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Priya261294, SuiDhaaga and MalStrom like this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

LOL, but it's just cleaning one's bottom

I live in an apartment built in the 1960s. How would I attach to old toilet structure?

Very carefully? I guess one should shock their bottom.

Scoot over to clean the mess? I prefer the built-in variety.

And I cannot unsee the YouTUBE video where the lady is putting her dirty feet in the Bidet. Who would sit in that? Shudders!

I like Home Depot.
    Gotta see if I can attach to my 1960s toilet structure.

4. SuiDhaaga

Our toilet doesn't seem to accommodate this, do you know of any Bidets that attach to the sink? Not the hand-held ones, but those that shoot out of the toilet.

20200808_180906.jpg

5. ushee

ushee New IL'ite

I find very difficult using the western toilet when I wear my salwar pants. How do I wash my private parts. Sorry to ask. Please help me and Thank you in advance.

6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Most European and a few Asian (Japan) and South American countries use a standalone bidet (France, Spain, and Portugal for sure). I have seen some in the USA (in National park somewhere I don't remember) as well. You just sit on it like a toilet or facing towards the lid/water...depends on what you need to wash.
    The jet attached to a toilet (or a small shower head like attachment) is very common in India. I have seen many Indian friends in the USA have installed these. You can get from any hardware store or Amazon.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  7. SuiDhaaga

I need assistance.

We live in old co-op building where we were explicitly told not to have bidets, especially those attached to the sink's supply valve.

It seems some people attached bidets and there was a nasty leak.

Please suggest best bidet for this situation. Or are we stuck with Lota? Or can we get a "hand-held" spray that attaches to sink faucet? I'm trying to find solution.

Quote from the building manager:

"installation of a bidet on a toilet and connected
    to the bathroom sink is not permitted in the building. Due to the pressure of the building’s plumbing system, this can create major safety issues as well as leaks.

Anyone with a bidet toilet seat, especially one connected to bathroom
    sink supply valves, must have it removed."

8. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I agree to leaks issue, here. In Buildings, the water is pumped up in overhead tanks and then comes down to the apartments due to gravity. The way bidets are- the flexitube kinds- with a spray nozzle in end- will not be able to withstand the pressure from an overhead tank, when the nozzle and the flexitube are the only things- holding against 1000+ gallons of water that wants to rush down to your apartment via that flexitube. You can switch on/off the supply valve near the wall- attached to the main pipes in the wall, but can't be reached easily every time.

I also think, the flexitube itself is a major design flaw when strength is considered but it is needed.

Definitely, will suggest to go with the recommendation by building manager.

I have a garden hose and I can see the water pressure wanting to kick off the nozzle, I always get the supply valve first, and then empty the garden hose using it fancy nozzle.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. SuiDhaaga

I wish they design bidets for buildings like ours, i.e. very antique.